• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Auto Resolution and Auto Refresh Help

playedalive

Hi
I am new to reclock and all I am trying to accomplish is the following:

When playing back a video the resolution and refreshrate of the video card will be matched as close as possible to the video. For example:

Anything equal to or less than 720x576 (SD) change the resolution to 720x576 (interlaced or progressive) and the corresponding refreshrate of the content (50, 60hz)

Anything greater than 720x576 or equal to 1280x720 set the resolution to 1280x720p (interlaced or progressive) along with the videos refresh rate (50,60hz)

Anything greater than 1280x720 set the resolution to 1920x1080 (interlaced or progressive)

This is all so that the video being played back is processed by my external scaler, but it will only accept the above resolutions either interlaced or progressive.

I have read through the VB script but i am still confused. Does anyone have a script that does roughly the following above? I am not bothered about the audio side of things.

The VB script triggers on source frame rate.

I don't know how to make it detect resolution as well.

But if you have a PC, why do you need a scaler? I use a PC because I didn't want a scaler.

Hi

Its because i have an Onkyo 875 which has the Reon HQV scaler which from my testing does a far superior job than any pc. Especially when using 50 inch and above screens. Surely the script could adjust the resolution as reclock is able to get the refresh rate and the resolution of the current media being played?

YOu'll note that the cmd line parms include rez:

currentResolution = objArgs(5)

You should be able to easily modify the script to check rez, then set your card accordingly with a cmd line utility or such. You don't mention what your video card is, there are different ways to set rez/refresh depending on model, you can search and find the differences.

i have been trying for a couple of days to get it working with auto resolution but i just cant get it to work. Can anyone else help me with the script to adjust the resolution?

BTW I am using a ATI 4550 and using display changer to adjust the output.

Ok as far as i can tell the parameter currentResolution is bringing in the current resolution of the monitor and not the resolution of the video.

Any idea what the paramer might be as i cant see it mentioned in the vb script documentation?

Ok as far as i can tell the parameter currentResolution is bringing in the current resolution of the monitor and not the resolution of the video.

Any idea what the paramer might be as i cant see it mentioned in the vb script documentation?

1.8.1.5 - 27/09/2008
* New: Added two new parameters for the RunEvent.vbs script - source width and source height. These values are set to 0, if the source dimension is unknown.
* New: Added keywords CINEMA(2x), NTSC(2x) and PAL(2x) for 48, 60 and 50fps sources

Back