• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Auto overwrite zero byte files

SBS2020

Due to other Non Red Fox problems, I have been getting this error:

Download aborted due to audio1 license registration failure.

So, when I try again, I get an alert about over writing my original file. It is zero bytes long, as the prior download attempt failed. I think it would be save to overwrite a zero byte file with no dialog box asking to do so. I am requesting an assumed overwrite over a zero byte file when downloading.

If there is some reason saving, or preventing a zero byte file overwrite is a good idea, I will listen.

Oh, also, the failed download costs me a token. I have enough tokens that that is not an issue. It is documented here, just so you know.

Thank You.

Really, you are asking for a log file for a user interface problem? My download problem has already been reported in another thread issue. Network problems outside of Redfox. My issue is why the program is asking to step on a zero byte file. I want the program to assume stepping on a zero byte file is fine, as there is NO data to lose. I want to get rid of that dialog. Just try again. OK!

The post above was moved to this thread . For years, I have been saying that that AS should assume overwriting a zero byte file should be assumed. With the current network issues, I have have about half of my downloads abort. I not only loose a token, but I have to answer a dialog that it is OK to overwrite an empty file.

I tried to edit the above post. The forth post above was not from me, but moved to this thread by RedFox. I am just pointing out how with the current world wide network issues, I loose a token on a failed download, Then, I have to say it is OK to overwrite an empty file on my next attempt. Then, that next attempt may fail, so I have to do it all again As I have mentioned before, the tokens are not that big of a deal. But having to tell AS I want to fill an empty file again, that I want data in an empty file is what I want. In the past, I had few download issues. This week, it is chronic. All I am asking is "Why is overwriting an empty file" something I have to suppress? Why is it not something assumed?
Is the current method the way you other users wish it to be? I want to understand why keeping an empty file is important.

In the past, with few network errors, this peeve of mine was minor. The last 3 days, at least every other download had this issue. Why the token counter people haven't said much, I find interesting.

I tried to edit the above post. The forth post above was not from me, but moved to this thread by RedFox. I am just pointing out how with the current world wide network issues, I loose a token on a failed download, Then, I have to say it is OK to overwrite an empty file on my next attempt. Then, that next attempt may fail, so I have to do it all again As I have mentioned before, the tokens are not that big of a deal. But having to tell AS I want to fill an empty file again, that I want data in an empty file is what I want. In the past, I had few download issues. This week, it is chronic. All I am asking is "Why is overwriting an empty file" something I have to suppress? Why is it not something assumed?
Is the current method the way you other users wish it to be? I want to understand why keeping an empty file is important.

In the past, with few network errors, this peeve of mine was minor. The last 3 days, at least every other download had this issue. Why the token counter people haven't said much, I find interesting.
I deleted that post, if you wanted me to move it here you could’ve asked. Posting an issue in many different threads, is frowned upon you have this thread to use for your issue. The post remains in the thread that I posted in. I never moved anyone of your posts. They remain in the Threads that you posted them in.

how do you know what you posted in post 1 is an error from different souce. you were asked to post the log file and you refused, saying it was a GUI issue. I simply don’t understand. Please explain in a little more detail or post the log file. please explain what you meant by due to other” non RedFox problems “ . in post 1 in this thread? I have no idea what operating system you’re using without a log file.

Last edited:
Sometimes when an error occurs or something else, the file is created but it's 0 length, when you add again the title you have a dialog that ask you to overwrite or skip the download, I think OP asks in this case to not get this dialog and overwrite the 0 length file without asking.

Sometimes when an error occurs or something else, the file is created but it's 0 length, when you add again the title you have a dialog that ask you to overwrite or skip the download, I think OP asks in this case to not get this dialog and overwrite the 0 length file without asking.
don’t you think it would be nice if we found out why the error occurs in the first place

don’t you think it would be nice if we found out why the error occurs in the first place
and this could be greatly facilitated by a log file. Back to where we started.

Yes sure, but if you forgot to create the log when the bug occured it's difficult to send a log now. Furthermore even if you fix this bug I think there is not only one problem that cause the 0 length file.
I just tried to explain what OP wants, but personnaly I prefer a new option "auto rename" in addition of skip and overwrite, but there are other important fixes that I wait so I will not ask for little things.

I prefer a new option "auto rename" in addition of skip and overwrite
Exactly. It already does, but only when you add both versions to the queue before you start downloading. If the file is already there and then you add another version, like 720p and english instead of 1080p german, then it will ask you to skip or overwrite. But there is no option telling it that I want both versions. Only if I add both to the queue before downloading, it will add a (1) to the filename, presumably for unattended usage in the background, instead of stopping the download entirely for the user to click a button (I think it has been requested at some time).

Back