• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Syncing Issues

Upinit

Alright I don't have time to read through every post with people complaining about issues. All I know is I bought CloneBD a few weeks back and have tried doing a compression to 25GB on 2 separate movies and both times they have come out with audio sync issues.

Is this par for the course with people and is there anything I can do to correct it? Will SlySoft be able to correct this issue or should I ask for a refund? The 2 movies I tried are TMNT and Maleficent.

Thanks!

I've had the same issue on four of the five Blu-ray's I own. Seems to be a common issue and is scheduled as ticket #336 in this thread.

I'm happy to wait but I can understand why people are annoyed. The software is not currently useable for me.

Did you upload any logfiles?

I've tried both of those movies my self and have no synching issues. Would it be possible to state what region your disc is from as well as exactly what output you are trying to make along with things such as output file size, frame size etc and I'll give it a go if I have the same region version as yours.

Same Audio/video sync issue with the last two versions of CloneBD for me.

Tested on two different bluray ("Begin Again" and "Marseille de guerre lasse") to fit movie only in a BDR-25 media. The audio is in advance (about several hundred milliseconds) to video : very annoying issue while watching people talks in the movie !

FYI, I'm using original disk ISO stored on HDD as CloneBD source to shrink it.

This is a major issue for me and I can't continue to use it until the issue is solved. FYI, I've bee using ClownBD tools for years without such issue (but I know that it can't do squeezing M2TS, only stripping A/V streams to fit a BDR-25).

Please advise

John

AUdio & Video Sync.

I'm having the same problem, the Audio is ahead of the Video. I also know 2 other people having the same problem.

I've tried both of those movies my self and have no synching issues. Would it be possible to state what region your disc is from as well as exactly what output you are trying to make along with things such as output file size, frame size etc and I'll give it a go if I have the same region version as yours.

Hi Adbear, here is what I'm doing on both:

• Both disks are Region A
  • I use AnyDVD HD option "Rip video DVD to hardisk"
  • I run Clone BDand and browse to the source folder which was created in the above step
  • I'm selecting partial copy
  • The Audio and Subtitle Languages are set to English only
  • The main movie is selected
  • The Destination is set to BD-R (25 GB) and Audio core only is not selected
  • Thats it!

When done the resulting output file has the audio sync issue.

I'm having the same problem, the Audio is ahead of the Video. I also know 2 other people having the same problem.

I've made 3 backups so far. Two were fine, but the third has the problem with audio syncing, however, the video is ahead of the audio.

I'm looking forward to hearing about a fix, as this is very unsettling and rather unacceptable

I have tried a film with an issue over the last couple of days. What seems to compound the problem is if you rip several discs one after the other. That's when I seem to get the errors. If I do a disk, reboot , then redo a problem disk it encodes OK.
Like some thing is staying resident in memory that's affecting the encoding process.

Initially I had no log files because everything worked fine. It wasn't until I'd burnt five movies and started watching one, I noticed the sync issue.

I've redone all my Blu-rays as ISO and sent the log files for each one. Six out of seven movies showed audio sync issues where the audio is slightly ahead of the video. On one movie, the sync issue was barely noticeable but it was out of sync when I compared the AnyDVD ripped version with the compressed ISO version for particular scenes. One movie didn't show any noticeable sync issue.

I tried different audio streams. Both English DTS-HD and English AC3 on one of the movies displayed identical sync issues.

I don't think the sync offset is cumulative but I'm double checking this right now so I'll repost in a few hours.

If you're not looking for the issue, you may not notice it. Several movies were only a few milliseconds out but a few were very obvious. For the people with hundreds of successful copies, you may not have noticed the issue yet.

Steps to reproduce are the same as Upinit.

1. Partial Copy
2. Select Main Movie
3. Doesn't matter what audio stream you select
4. Destination BD-R (25GB)
5. Create ISO image
6. Mount and play with PowerDVD 14

Selecting Burn to Disc, and then playing in a normal player produces the same issues.

Last edited:
I was one of the original BETA testers so am always looking for any issues such as corrupt video or out of sync audio. I also build video editing systems for a living so I always seem to notice more than my friends if something is off as I'm testing systems for just such issues every day.

I'm not saying you aren't having an issue, just that on my discs I don't.

I'm not saying you aren't having an issue, just that on my discs I don't.
After looking at the log file, I discovered the one movie without audio sync issues was never transcoded. This resulted in an ISO too big for a BD-R (25 GB). After slightly adjusting the slider to decrease the size, the movie was transcoded but the audio is now out of sync.

This gives me 100% audio sync issues on the seven Blu-ray discs I own. I've submitted log files and error reports for all of them.

I redid the first movie after continuously processing four others. I also rebooted and redid the last one. The audio sync offsets appear to be the same. I don't think the issue is cumulative as suggested earlier in this thread.

Adbear, are you compressing the movie to a BD-R (25 GB) disc the same as us? I'll try redo one with obvious sync issues on my Notebook and see how it goes.

Same problem on my Notebook. I also tried an earlier version of CloneBD 1.0.2.5 but it didn't help.

I was one of the original BETA testers so am always looking for any issues such as corrupt video or out of sync audio. I also build video editing systems for a living so I always seem to notice more than my friends if something is off as I'm testing systems for just such issues every day.

I'm not saying you aren't having an issue, just that on my discs I don't.[/QUOTE

You have a lot of experience in this field and I have gotten a lot of good advice from your post. I was wondering do they recruit testers with average systems and average experience? I could be wrong but it seems like processing power and memory are a big issues right now. I noticed I can recreate these audio sync issues with perfectly good backups if I have a lot of programs or apps running in the background while trying to watch on a laptop with a weak processor. When I close them out the audio will sync again. Just wanted to say that I know this wont fix this issue since the backup is corrupt but I wanted to mention it in case it might be related

Last edited:
It's not a playback issue. The original AnyDVD ripped version plays fine and I first noticed the sync issue with a burnt disc on my normal player in the lounge.

BD Rebuilder is happily processing my collection with original menu intact, extras removed and without any audio sync issues. I'm sure CloneBD will evolve to best on floor.

It's not a playback issue. The original AnyDVD ripped version plays fine

Ya I know. Quite apparent problem occurs during burn cycle. Still happens a lot to me with new and old movies dvd or blu-ray. One of the reasons I gave up backing up everything to disc. Seems like you need a super computer to get clonebd to work on some of the disc.

.........I noticed I can recreate these audio sync issues with perfectly good backups if I have a lot of programs or apps running in the background while trying to watch on a laptop with a weak processor. When I close them out the audio will sync again. ....
If your audio comes back into sync on playback when you close down those other programs then that would imply that your files have been made correctly and that the playback software is having problems keeping up, otherwise the playback would stay out of sync no matter what you did. That shouldn't make any difference to how it encodes, if you have a lot of background software running then it should just slow down the encoding as it will have less CPU cycles available, but it shouldn't effect the actual encode itself unless something on there is actually interfering directly with CloneBD.

As to the super computer, I've been using a number of machines, an older Sandybridge desktop, low powered laptops, all the way up to the latest dual Xeon systems all with many programs on them as I use them for testing out various editing packages for customers

Last edited:
Back