• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio sync issues when ripping certain DVDs

daphnis

I've noticed that some DVDs, particularly those from Disney with lots of nasty copy protection, often produce out-of-sync audio when extracted and muxed back. For example, using The Muppet Christmas Carol movie as an example (logs attached), when ripping with DVD Decrypter in IFO mode, then splitting streams and re-muxing, it always produces audio which is a couple of seconds in front of the video. Track extraction shows no audio offset. I've experimented with various DVD Decrypter settings to disable searching for any sort of copy protection, even multiple disk drives, but each time the result is the same. Playing the disk shows no audio sync issues. What are some other tools aside from DVD Decrypter which allow me to just extract the files I need in order to troubleshoot further? Not looking for an all-in-one conversion tool, just a file/stream ripper.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.6.0_Info_D_MUPPET_US.ziplog
    140.6 KB · Views: 2
"When extracted and muxed back": THERE's you're problem. Anydvd doesn't do any of that. Insert the original disc, PLAY the disc with AnyDVD active in something like PowerDVD. Out-of-sync audio there and then? No? Then it's not an anydvd issue. That's most likely a dvd decrypter issue, and no surprise since it hasn't been updated for years. If you need a DVD clone too, use CloneDVD2.

Yes, and note that I never claimed this was an AnyDVD problem, just asking for help from the community as to which other tools I can use to troubleshoot my issue.

Since you just stated yourself it wasn't an anydvd issue, then why post in the Anydvd (DVD issues) section. This section is reserved for AnyDVD DVD related issues as the forum section name implies. Topic moved to the correct section. As to other tools. I gave you one. CloneDVD2 (see the main download page) is the perfect companion to AnyDVD and works just fine.

Back