• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio settings

gideon

When kernel streaming is selected for Audio interface to use for PCM and/or SPDIF/AC3 sound, no sound comes out of the TMT software while playing ripped blu ray movie.

However, there will be sound if DirectSound (default) and WaveOut (default) is selected respectively.

Anyway to produce sound via kernel streaming?

Thanks.:)

Some soundcard drivers only support 16bit pcm or 32bit pcm connection. So, if you want to hear a 24bit pcm source you have to change it to 32bit pcm. I do it with ffdshow. You could give it a try and see if that's the problem with your soundcard...
With Directsound and Waveout you are not bypassing kmixer, and kmixer resamples everything and uses a bit depth of 16bits.

Some soundcard drivers only support 16bit pcm or 32bit pcm connection. So, if you want to hear a 24bit pcm source you have to change it to 32bit pcm. I do it with ffdshow. You could give it a try and see if that's the problem with your soundcard...
With Directsound and Waveout you are not bypassing kmixer, and kmixer resamples everything and uses a bit depth of 16bits.

Under Vista? OP didn't say if he/she uses XP.

Under Vista? OP didn't say if he/she uses XP.
It's independent of the OS, it's a driver's developer decision. Some simply don't work with 24bit pcm, you have to feed them 32bit pcm. RME drivers work this way.
I think first he should rule out this idea. Using mpc-hc and ffdshow audio with 32bit pcm would let him know...
I also think you could say this in reclock's manual, in the Kernel Streaming part. It would help some people... For me it took more than a year to discover this!...

Last edited:
Back