• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio language switching sporadically

Yraen

I've seen this issue off and on since purchasing AS and I usually catch it. I've seen it on AP, NF and HBO Max. When I click to download the item and the box pops up it is sometimes a language other than what my preferences show.

upload_2022-7-6_17-47-5.png

As you can see below it defaulted to Arabic, yet my preferences show English.

upload_2022-7-6_17-46-35.png

When I look at the dropdown it shows English is an option as you can see below.

upload_2022-7-6_17-54-56.png

It changes to different languages each time it does this. I've seen roughly 6 different languages while using this across multiple versions. Each time I encounter this, once I set the language to English it usually stays. It's just becoming more common now.

Side note: when it is a series I always add them one at a time, just a control thing for me.

There is no such setting as default audio language ... that setting in your first screenshot is the UI language... Change it and you will notice instantly. It has nothing to do with the audio setting.
Anystream should remember the last used audio language setting ... per provider.
I guess if that is not available in the exact same notation e.g. English (United States) <-> English (United Kingdom) it defaults to the first available
OR
There could be changes in the notation of audio languges in the dropdown list between Beta versions, and so the language changes to the first available.

Again, just guessing here, a dev could clarify...

Most audio/video programs when asking about language want to know what languages you want your tracks to default to. Testing showed this is only for the GUI. It doesn't default to the first one, but it does appear to default to Arabic if it is available. It does not remember this setting between one movie/episode and the next. It's very common for me to see this now on APV. I've had to pull The Terminal list twice and am now doing it for the first season of The Expanse. Here's a log from The Expanse I pulled yesterday. I'm going to be checking everything I've pulled from APV in the last few days as I've found quite a bit in Arabic so far.

Attachments

• The Expanse S01E06 Rock Bottom.astlog
    6.8 MB · Views: 3
I can imagine how annoying it is to have a wrong audio track ... but don't you check the audio langauge before hitting "Download" ?

From your log you download from 4 different providers simultaneously ... or ...mostly.
Does the issue persist, if you only download from AP ?

I can imagine how annoying it is to have a wrong audio track ... but don't you check the audio langauge before hitting "Download" ?

From your log you download from 4 different providers simultaneously ... or ...mostly.
Great questions and I wish people didn't change the name on the log files.

Last edited:

I do check but once you set it, you expect it to be set and you get into a rhythm. APV now defaults to Arabic every single time Arabic is available. It chooses a different one when Arabic is not available, English mostly but I have seen Japanese and Korean selected before. On those, once I select English it stays English, but not with Arabic.

I have seen it on APV and NF for sure, not on PP or HBOM. But NF has always remembered my setting for a while once changed.

I can go look at The Expanse or The Terminal List right now, pull just one of these titles and see it wants to default to Arabic every single time.

Great questions and I wish people didn't change the name on the log files.
I did not change anything about that log. That log was created when I downloaded that file. If you notice on the screenshot above it had the box checked to create a log for every download. What I didn't do was create a basic log using File > Create Log File.

I do check but once you set it, you expect it to be set and you get into a rhythm. APV now defaults to Arabic every single time Arabic is available. It chooses a different one when Arabic is not available, English mostly but I have seen Japanese and Korean selected before. On those, once I select English it stays English, but not with Arabic.

I have seen it on APV and NF for sure, not on PP or HBOM. But NF has always remembered my setting for a while once changed.

I can go look at The Expanse or The Terminal List right now, pull just one of these titles and see it wants to default to Arabic every single time.

I did not change anything about that log. That log was created when I downloaded that file. If you notice on the screenshot above it had the box checked to create a log for every download. What I didn't do was create a basic log using File > Create Log File.
Ok then, sorry about that. Some people have a habit of changing the name of the log files. I see you did not, my error.

Some people have a habit of changing the name of the log files.
I cannot see why this should be a problem. Even if they name the file with a completely useless word, the information inside the file will not be touched. Sure, it is faster to see the used AS version if they don't rename it, but that information is also within the log.

Back