• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ATI 5450 - is reclock still needed?

Trying to Snow

Along time ago, reclock came with a readme that stated that the program was necessary because the video card and sound card had separate clocks, and this would cause stutter, or something to that affect.

With a card like the ATI 5450, where graphics card and sound card are one, is reclock still necessary for smooth pans with 24hz, 48hz etc?

Along time ago, reclock came with a readme that stated that the program was necessary because the video card and sound card had separate clocks, and this would cause stutter, or something to that affect.

With a card like the ATI 5450, where graphics card and sound card are one, is reclock still necessary for smooth pans with 24hz, 48hz etc?

Yes.

Can you elaborate? What makes a HDMI 1.3 card different from a bluray or media player? Be good to understand what's going on.

Can you elaborate? What makes a HDMI 1.3 card different from a bluray or media player? Be good to understand what's going on.

I don't know. But if you try it and use your eyes, you'll see.

it's the same reference clock that takes care of A/V on the ASIC's found in those standalone players...on a PC everything's living its own life, smooth playback is broken by design.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1405052#post1405052
Qaq said:
Hmm...if i use onboard video with HDMI audio, i got video and audio perfectly matched?
Mike5 said:
It's the same thing. Modern video cards with HDMI or motherboards with HDMI have a built-in audio card (actually a chip, Realtek generally) to feed the audio part of HDMI. So you still have (at least) two clocks: the video card clock and the Realtek chip audio clock.

I'm using Windows 7 with Aero, an ATI HD4850, and MPC-HC with madVR, and I only need Reclock for WASAPI, not for smooth playback. I set Reclock to have WASAPI bit exact (ticking slave audio clock and selecting original speed, not Auto), and all videos are perfectly smooth with my setup.

Back