• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASP suggestion for a quick fix for queue crashes

lajoes

I just upgraded to ASP 1250 64 bit and have experienced it crashing while attempting to figure out how to add to the queue while ASP is downloading.

As we're aware, once it gets into download mode, ASP is resource intense because of what it has to do, and it wont respond to typing in the search box [in real time] while doing so. And this is where my crashes happened.

And I also lost a token because I have to do anther download of the show again.

So, here's my suggestion:

When I'm selecting what I want, change the "download" button to "load" or "add to queue" or something like that - instead of downloading immediately.

When I'm done with all of my searching and selecting, I should then click the "download" button - which should, IMO, be moved somewhere to the queue window pane on the right.

I know that this suggestion will add an extra step to the download process, but I believe it should get around most of the crashes and lost tokens.

Just pause the queue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don922, please educate me on how to pause a download. That is the first time I've heard of that feature.

A download on progress can't be paused, but you can press the small pause icon on the right of the next item in queue (or next to the provider name) to pause the remaining titles

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That's what I thought I was trying to do --- but after making my first selection, it automatically starts to download and the download just continues downloading. It appears that I have to wait until the first selection is completely downloaded and the "pause" button is in the "green arrow" display, I might get lucky and start a queue, but most of the time the second selection just starts to automatically downloading.....

My suggestion would preempt this situation. By allowing the queue to be completely entered before any downloading started.

Anystream 1.2.5.0 - You can pause queues before you load them.

Top right corner - Show download queue<<<
If you can't see the pause buttons, make AS full screen.

It has been suggested before to be set on pause by default, simply click on pause icons before you do anything else .. Anystream is a downloader so maybe why they want it this way as most downloaders starts immediately unless told not to, on the other hand most other downloaders aren't this resource intensive as AS .. maybe they're trying this out for a while I dunno hence still so new and fresh, but you can pause now when you're aware you can :)

I have had a couple of crashes as well. Both of them happened randomly while I wasn't even interacting with the program. An easier and probably more workable remedy would be to allow exporting the queue to a text file so that we can rebuild it after a restart. I used the snip tool for this but an export button would be better.

As always, thanks for the program!

Please let me restate my suggestion because everyone keeps saying that there is a queue and a pause button - the only two things we all agree on.

Since ASP is [understandably] a resource hog when it is downloading or post processing, it should not automatically start downloading until after the queue is build. That is my suggestion.

Right now, I've been [frustratingly] able to build a queue, a lesson learned the hard way, and lost several downloads tokens in the process because of redoes due to my system locking up while I try to add to my queue.

Why am I fighting ASP for resources when it would be easier to suspend all activity until I'm done adding to my queue?

So simply click those buttons then before you do anything else, have you tried it?.. make them change color and it will be less frustrating for you :)

sshot-1.png

Just figured that out BoomKapoow. And I think that was the confusing and frustrating part. I think the button displays are backwards.

The default is the orange pause which automatically starts the downloads.

But if you want to "pause" before downloading, in order to build your queue, you have to have the "green go" arrow showing.

To add, I lost a download token when the app crashed due to the Netflix bug. Barring support for pausing / restarting a download, the ability to detect a failed download would be helpful.

Back