• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question AS "Crashing" while downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg

Hi there --

Recently updated to the latest version 1.6.6.0 and the 2 times I've used AS to downland I've walked out of my office (this latest time was just recently and was away for an hour) came back and the program was no longer running and there was no error message -- I see the Event Name: APPCRASH each time

I've attached the logfile I collect just now -- can attach event logs as well if needed

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.6.0.astlog
    221 KB · Views: 1
An app crash would create a .dump file. I will need that. Make sure your clock is set correctly on your computer.

Your logfile only shows an Amazon app loaded, and no movies or episodes are even loaded. Please try again and make the logfile when the crash happens before closing the program, even if crashes we should have a .dump file.

Edit ---- I stand corrected in some of what I wrote

My clock is set correctly trust me -- I've worked the evil empire for 28 years now :p :) :) --- but checking my clock again its set to US PDT time and gets 30 min updates from an atomic clock so very rarely is it wrong :)

So this time yes I just had Amazon downloads, as i didn't want to load to many, -- went downstairs for an hour and "poof" no more AS open .. the other one over night last night I was downloading from 4 different providers --- as mentioned originally it does not create any error message program (for the use of a better term) just vanished -- no warning, no error messages displayed (hence my event log search) --

can see it downloaded John Wick (first in the Queue) just fine before the crash (log attached) -- next in the queue Point break is half downloaded and no log file created - so thats where it "poof" crashed it seams

I have attached the WER Logs

Also attached \AppData\Local\CrashDumps for AS

I can set up another test tonight if it helps but I am not sitting at the PC when it happens :) :)

Attachments

• John Wick- Chapter 4.astlog
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • AS Crash Report.zip
    9 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyStream.dpm.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Clearing the Cache is always a good first measure, when you face AP issues:
Exit Anystream
Windows-Key + R
insert:
Code:
%localappdata%\Redfox\AnyStream\cache
Enter
-> Delete all contents of folder
Start Anystream

Clearing the Cache is always a good first measure, when you face AP issues:
Exit Anystream
Windows-Key + R
insert:
Code:
%localappdata%\Redfox\AnyStream\cache
Enter
-> Delete all contents of folder
Start Anystream
Great suggestion --- doing that before running another test

cheers

Those files you loaded are not the .dump files I asked for. You will find them in your .temp folder. This seems to be an issue on your end Zoidberg, if it were otherwise the forum would be lighting up like a Christmas tree. Those .dump files would be helpful if you are not successful in clearing the cache.

Those files you loaded are not the .dump files I asked for. You will find them in your .temp folder. This seems to be an issue on your end Zoidberg, if it were otherwise the forum would be lighting up like a Christmas tree. Those .dump files would be helpful if you are not successful in clearing the cache.
... close the thread

Last edited:
You always see everything as a complaint --- it was not -- its was an attempt to help (as I always do) incase it was an issue (again was not complaining :banghead: ) ... close the thread
Hold you horses... Did you fix your issues? Otherwise we leave the thread open.

I assume his issues were resolved by himself and he doesn't need assistance from the forum anymore therefore I will close this thread. If you need further assistance Zoidberg we are here to try and assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back