• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question AS+ always crashes after a while with AP

movie.melli

As reported before, AS+ always crashes after a while downloading from AP -
- sometimes it happens already after a few minutes,
- sometimes it downloads 2 movies and then crashes,
but it ALWAYS crashes in the middle of a movie while downloading.

Sometimes it only stops with a "failure pop up window" (I posted a log a few weeks ago),
meanwhile it mostly crashes completely.
So please see my dump file. Thanks.

Using AS 1.6.6.0 (64bit) (but it happened with the earlier versions also)
tried even on "real time speed".

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.6.0_Dump_20230926223952.astdmp
    7.7 MB · Views: 1
As mentioned here:

Clearing the Cache is always a good first measure, when you face AP issues:
Exit Anystream
Windows-Key + R
insert:
Code:
%localappdata%\Redfox\AnyStream\cache
Enter
-> Delete all contents of folder
Start Anystream

@cartman0208 - already done, even a few times... Coping with this issue for a few weeks now...

By the way, I also tried other basics like updating windows (though it is usually always uptodate), deactivating and deinstalling anti virus (norton) - nothing changed anything.

Last edited:
You sure?
I wouldn't expect AnyStream to crash from a "mere" network issue :unsure:
If you lose your internet connection, while the file is downloading, I would suspect something would happen, what else would you call it? All this said, I do not see any issues in his log file, He is connecting to Amazon.de so I cannot reach it, maybe you can give us some insight as to what you are experiencing Cartman0208. Anything that would point me in the right direction would be appreciated. If we can't reproduce the issue we can't fix it.

Since I do not experience such issues either, I'm not much of help here.
As a test I just cut my network while doing a download and the program gives an error as expected.
I can't even remember a total crash of AS in the years I use it.
So that pretty much boils down to an issue on the client side, else the forum was flooded with issues of that kind.
Unfortunately I neither have the means nor the experience to read dump files, so better have a dev a look at it.

Since I do not experience such issues either, I'm not much of help here.
As a test I just cut my network while doing a download and the program gives an error as expected.
I can't even remember a total crash of AS in the years I use it.
So that pretty much boils down to an issue on the client side, else the forum was flooded with issues of that kind.
Unfortunately I neither have the means nor the experience to read dump files, so better have a dev a look at it.
Now you are talking. I have not experienced it either and I am usually testing all day. That said, all computers are not configured the same way, which is a major sticking point in all programs that need the internet to function. There are minimum specs. They are not very demanding so I would expect that 99% of computers today will meet these specs. So I tend to look elsewhere for the issue. I can read the dump file and I see no errors.
  • A Windows-Mac-Linux PC with a minimum 2 GHz Processor and 1 GB RAM

I have seen problems in Anystream with Microsoft Application Verifier and reported about it several times, for example with TLS (Thread Local Storage) during download but it has not been acknowledged or asked any additional questions on it. My personal guess on it is not a network issue.

@cartman0208: I can actually look into dump files, and tried, but the one I looked into can not be brought into the tools I use. My guess is that they are modified.

Back