• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AS 1.2.2.2 crashing randomly - Log Attached

HectorCharlie

Not sure what's causing the new AS to crash for me. It's very random.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.2.2_Dump_20210921185647.astdmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Crashed again... AS was seemingly just idling, too.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.2.2_Dump_20210922015542.astdmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
crashed again... alright 3 times no explanation, this will be my last one for now... I think a trend has developed.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.2.2_Dump_20210922033442.astdmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Did you reboot inbetween?
Maybe worth a try...

Last edited:
Not sure what's causing the new AS to crash for me. It's very random.
Can you please describe what you were doing at the time? Or what AnyStream was doing? Or whether a certain provider is the cause, if so, which one?
Or a certain Movie?

Windows 10, 64-bit, ver 21H1 build 19043. Did the obvious reboot, same deal. Problem doesn't immediately happen for anything in particular when starting the download. It can do it while idling, or sometimes it's in the middle of a download. I've been selecting Summer Camp on HM and Star Trek: Enterprise on AP lately if that helps. Nothing seems to immediately trigger a crash though.

AMD 5950x, 32GB ram, OS is on 970 evo plus but AS saves to a 6 TB WD Red.

Last edited:
Just a hunch. If you have enabled RAM overclocking or something similar - please disable and try again.

nope, not overclocking didn't build this rig for overclocking anyway. In fact, I disabled turbo boost in bios.

It can do it while idling, or sometimes it's in the middle of a download. I
Are you sure about that?
Because the one thing, all three of your dumps have in common, is that the last thing, that has been logged, is an HBOMax-Download of an episode of "Summer Camp" finishing.
That seems to be the common factor to me.
And I also believe, it's subtitle-related. If you don't select any, there will probably not be any crashes.

I dunno, it all of a sudden just stopped doing it. Maybe it was Summer Camp? All I know is it didn't crash while starting any downloads. Maybe it was towards the end, but I don't watch downloads like that. That would be like watching paint dry until its actually dry. No thanks.

... All I know is it didn't crash while starting any downloads. Maybe it was towards the end, but I don't watch downloads like that...
So you did something else on that computer, that maybe caused the crash of AnyStream?

... That would be like watching paint dry until its actually dry. No thanks.
Regarding tedious tasks ... I liked the Windows95 Visualization of Defrag ... could literally watch it for hours, it was kind of soothing and satisfying at the end ... but I guess not everyone is like that :whistle:

Reactions: DQ
if you are still having issues, something to try is to clear temp files (system AND user). It's something good to do from time to time anyway. I am not sure AS is even using/creating any temp files but other parts of Windows is and that could cause anything to trip over itself. Just an idea.

EDIT - one footnote, if you are using a RAMDISK that can sometimes cause odd issues with Windows or certain apps depending on how you do it. I run one and while AS is unaffected sometimes I get weird issues with apps.

Sorry no dump file for me, but I've had the same thing happen twice now. First time was this weekend. I was moving between providers and it just stopped responding. Didn't try rebooting, but each time I tried opening it again, it was just frozen. Reloaded the software and the problem went away. Today I had just fired it up and was moving between providers and it froze again. Win 10 Home -
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core Processor, 3001 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Just logged in to the forums to see if I was the only one.

--- 2 days later. Had no luck in uninstalling and reinstalling. Gave it a rest for awhile. 28 Sep - After seeing the message about the server crashing and people having issues with their license, I tried again and it's working fine now.

Last edited:
Back