• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Are Pioneer drives going to fit?

Swazirs

I was looking into this drive:

Which says here:

At the bottom of the page:

Fitment Notice:
The Pioneer BDR-S13UBK Internal BD / DVD / CD Writer's larger than usual front dimensions may not fit some 5.25 inch drive slots, meaning this drive may not fit in your Case.

Please confirm the dimensions of your Case's 5.25 inch drive slot(s) before purchasing this Pioneer Drive.

Drive Dimensions: 148 x 42.3 x 181mm / 5-13/16 x 1-21/32 x 7-1/8 inches

And this is the drive I am currently using: the GGW-H20L:

My case is the
Carbide Series 200R
CC-9011023-WW

While this LG fits, what I can't tell is if this Pioneer drive will.

And this isn't the only Pioneer BD drive that has these dimensions, from what I can tell.

Is there a way to find out? I checked a less expensive Pioneer model, the BDR-212DBK, and it seems the size is almost the same:

DIMENSIONS:
148 mm x 42.3 mm x 180 mm (W x H x D)

Note: I already asked Corsair about it, and they didn't give me a conclusive answer.

Thedrive will fit in a computer case - no question. It might not fit in all USB enclosures.

But be warned. Pioneer introduced a new firmware in De. 2022 which leads to the fact that programs like Makemkv and subsequently AnyDVD can't decrypt UHDs with them. Mike from Makemkv is working on a fix but it takes already months and is not yet available.

Back