• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

are cable tv broadcasts being scrambled

kcamper784

hello, i am an avid formula one fan and have always recorded the races on our sony dvd recorder. after finalizing the dvd, i check it to make sure that it plays on the players in the house, but when i go to make copies for friends, the anydvd software will not crack it. is this something that the networks are trying to scramble. it is not digital cable, but regular cable. any help would be greatly appreciated.

A log file would be handy.
Does the disc even have any copy protection on it?

hey there, thanks for the reply, this is just a regular dvd + r that i formatted and recorded the spanish grand prix like i always do every other weekend when the f1 races come on. after finalizing the dvd, i take it into my office and try to copy it on the computer using the anydvd and clone dvd software, but it comes up with the error
File 1 D:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO 30

i don't know what this means.

when you put the dvd back into the home unit, it plays fine, but when you go to copy it, that error pops up. thanks in advance

keith

Did you try just making a disc to disc copy without using AnyDVD or CloneDVD? I'm not 100% sure but I suspect that the disc has no copy protection and that the disc structure on set top recorders may be slightly different to normal DVD's and therefore CloneDVD may not work with them

hey there, thanks again for the reply, i tried to copy using nero, and roxio, but to no avail. this is just kinda weird. when you put the dvd in, you can hear the drive spin up, like it is trying to read, but then it stops. go to the computer drive properties and it shows 0 bytes on the disc, just as if there is nothing on the disc at all, but then if you take it and put it on the home unit, it starts to play as normal. that is what's baffling me

This should be moved to the CloneDvd thread. Anydvd is irrelevant with dvd-recorder produced discs, as there is no CSS encryption involved. There is no possibility of any "scrambling" with analog broadcasts, only with digital (if the SOC flag was enabled, which would prevent any dvd-recording at all).

This is from Webslinger's sticky thread for CloneDvd problems:
"I'm trying to backup something that was originally recorded on a standalone dvd video recorder, and Clonedvd is giving me an "unexpected error" and asking me to email bugs(at)elby.ch. Why?

a) Disable Anydvd
b) "use filesystem instead of Internal I/O" in CloneDVD's preferences with dvd-vr discs (you will want to reset this setting back to default afterwards)"

Alternatively, you can try using "Write Existing Data" in Clonedvd.

Anydvd and Clonedvd are intended for use with commercially released dvd movies and not formats that do not conform to the dvd-video standard."

If you can't copy the disc with roxio or nero either, you probably have a bad burn (media problem) or your dvd-recorder drive is dying.

"after finalizing the dvd"

I use Taiyo Yuden premium when I transfer recordings from my Toshiba Dvd/Hard drive recorder to dvd-r. Clonedvd can't copy the dvd after it has been finalized. Dvd Shrink on the other hand has no problem copying the dvds created on my toshiba.

Every once in a while "after finalizing the dvd" I find that that Dvd Shrink encounters an error similar to "File 1 D:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO 30" while reading the Toshiba created dvd. ( The dvd is defective! )

When this happens I simply create another dvd from the Toshiba's hard drive and try again. Once I'm able to create a dvd that Dvd Shrink can copy I then delete the recordings from the hard drive to free up space.

1. If your recordings are still on the hard drive make another dvd.

2. See if Dvd Shrink will copy your finalized dvd

hey there, thanks very much for the help. i really wasn't sure which forum to post it into, so i just figured i'd post it here. still a newbie at posting. i'll try again.

Back