• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Arcsoft ends support for Total Media Theater

snakke

File this one under speculation/unsupported in your bad news inbox, but it seems that Arcsoft has ended support for their popular media player, Total Media Theater. This is particularly bad news for many home theater computer users, since TMT was one of the very best programs for playing Blu-ray video.

Source

Looks like the corrupt governments, movie industry, Sony, and Verance got to Arcsoft too, ...
What makes you think that? Why would they want to "get to" them? They create revenue to Sony, Verance, AACS, ...
Maybe they simply lost too much OEM sales to Cyberlink.

With hardware players almost useless for back-up BD-R disks because of Cinavia, wonder how long it will take PowerDVD to get out of the business?
Again, what makes you think that?

how long it will take PowerDVD to get out of the business?

With AnyDVD running I can play even the newest BDs offered with PowerDVD 10. And gosh darn, I don't have to worry about that cinavia annoyance.

Sad news about TMT if it is true, but not the end of the world.

i'd suggest we merge this thread with the one in "news" or reverse

i'd suggest we merge this thread with the one in "news" or reverse

Merging this into "News" would stop the average user from being able to add to the discussion, that forum is "Read Only" for most people.

Now I know why Amazon only charged $29 US! :doh:

With AnyDVD running I can play even the newest BDs offered with PowerDVD 10. .
I use TMT but I started with PowerDVD 9OEM. PDVD9 often denies a new release is "supported media(?disk)" TMT is so much better but still fails to play a few new disks.
When both fail I use xbmc, mpc ht or vlc.
Should PDVD 9 play them all? All are 2D BTW.
Thanks,
B

A shame, because this was a solid product!!

I said this over at the Myce website, so Ill repeat it exactly here:

Whatever the reason, now there is one less quality Blu-ray playback product on the market.

And, the choices left for purchase all have their issues.

Cyberlink's PowerDVD tends to overwrite what is allowed to run on your PC, and you have to set it back to what you want it (and your other programs) to associate with.

WinDVD just simply isn't as good as ArcSoft's TotalMedia Theatre (TMT), in my Opinion (IMO), and tends to lock up my PC when you want to watch a Blu-ray/DVD, plus has Cinavia infected with it (just like PowerDVD and the late, lamented TMT since early 2012.)

Nero is simply and to the point, bloatware. I have a bought and paid for copy of Nero 7 for when I had Windows XP, and I immediately uninstalled that bloated monstrosity off my old PC. There are other programs out there, but these are the only ones that I deemed fit to even see the inside of my PC/laptops.

I was fortunate to have bought a copy of TMT 3, which will forever have no Cinavia in it, and 3 copies of TMT 5 for my PC/laptops (the one before they were forced by the Blu-ray association to add Cinavia in one of their updates past version 5.146,) and my bought and paid for AnyDVD HD will forever block TMT 6 from reacting to any Cinavia infected Blu-ray disc/DVD.

If my PC/laptops crash or are destroyed by fire, I made sure to have the TMT applications and keycodes in the cloud, so that I'll always have it around for Blu-ray playback, until the time comes when it'll be obsolete.

So long, ArcSoft. A great program undone most likely by the RIAA/Blu-ray mafia.

:clap:

I use TMT but I started with PowerDVD 9OEM. PDVD9 often denies a new release is "supported media(?disk)" TMT is so much better but still fails to play a few new disks.
When both fail I use xbmc, mpc ht or vlc.
Should PDVD 9 play them all? All are 2D BTW.
Thanks,
B

I have PowerDVD 10, not 9. So I don't have a clue if PDVD 9 will work with AnyDVD. I only know that PDVD 10 works when I play a BD on my PC.

Back