• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

APV not showing full HD

My concern is whether the downloads were cropped in the 1920 x 800p versions available on APV. This being a Paramount series, it made me wonder.

I looked at the series in question and the first season resolution was downloaded in 1920 x 1080p. However, the playback has black bars consistent with the 1920 x 800p format that the second season download as, the 2.4 video aspect ratio.

I then checked playing the series through an Edge browser and the same ratio applied.

Next, I played this through APV on an AppleTV device to a TV. Same 2.4 ratio.

Finally, I played this through Paramount+ on the AppleTV device and again, the same ratio.

For a TV series, it's interesting that a cinema-type video aspect ratio is being used. And given the content, it's a good choice.

Checking the file size of the first season to the second, there is an appreciable decrement in size with the 1920 x 800 files, and I suspect that drove the change.

Thanks, everyone for the discussion. Very educational, as always!

Back