• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

App wont open, doesn't matter what dvd is on my drive, still wont open.

barebug

i’ve already tried the following:
1. Tried to open the app from taskbar, start, and as an administrator.
2. Restarted pc
3. Waited 15min to allow any DVD time just incase my pc was just being slow
3. Changed DVDs in reader
4. Quit any DVD in task manager and waited 15mins to try to open again.

When i attempt to start any DVD, task manager shows it as a background process but the window to select DVDs on my drive wont open. My cpu is not chugging thats not the issue. This issue started today, yesterday i was able to watch movies with no trouble, my pc did not update overnight. Im running on windows 10 and i’ve had no previous issues using and DVD

I am just a regular person not a tech savvy person so this is all the info i know to give. I don’t know how to find what ver of any DVD i have (esp since it wont open!)
If you need extra information please explain how to find it in your request.

Remove all discs. Start AnyDVD with empty drives (including virtual drives). Does this work?

Remove all discs. Start AnyDVD with empty drives (including virtual drives). Does this work?
Sadly I've already tried this, sorry i forgot to mention it in the above post

but the window to select DVDs on my drive wont open
What window do you mean?

I don’t know how to find what ver of any DVD i have
You can view the version in the list of your programs within the Windows settings.
Anyway, regardless of what is installed, you can just download the latest beta and install it. Then restart your PC to be sure. Does it work now?

With a DVD inserted into the PC drive, can it be played by any DVD player software? Does File Explorer recognize a disc as being inserted? Can you right click on the DVD and choose Open in new window and get a list of the disc's root directory contents? I'm basically just trying to make sure Windows is recognizing and can access DVD's inserted into the drive.

With a DVD inserted into the PC drive, can it be played by any DVD player software? Does File Explorer recognize a disc as being inserted? Can you right click on the DVD and choose Open in new window and get a list of the disc's root directory contents? I'm basically just trying to make sure Windows is recognizing and can access DVD's inserted into the drive.
Yes, Windows is recognizing and can access DVDs inserted into my drive

What window do you mean?
I mean that when I double click to open any DVD nothing pops up, at all, and it’s not minimized. It shows up on task manager as a background process, so i know that attempting to “open” any DVD at least does something. But i cant use any DVD, because there is not a menu (any DVD’s menu) to even fiddle with.

I mean that when I double click to open any DVD nothing pops up, at all, and it’s not minimized.
When you double-click the AnyDVD shortcut, there is never a window that opens up. It's always just the small icon in the right of the taskbar, except after installing an update. Right-click onto that icon and select copy to iso or harddrive to copy the disc. Or click onto the second option in bold to open the settings window.

I don't want to sound pendantic, just covering all possibilities. The AnyDVD icon isn't just "hidden" on the Notification tray, is it? Even if it was, inserting a DVD with AnyDVD running should, at least, open the disc info window.

...and make sure that "Hide icon" is not checked under "Program settings". You are not using AnyDVD at work so the boss can't see it, do you? :giggle:

When you double-click the AnyDVD shortcut, there is never a window that opens up. It's always just the small icon in the right of the taskbar, except after installing an update. Right-click onto that icon and select copy to iso or harddrive to copy the disc. Or click onto the second option in bold to open the settings window.
When any DVD worked there was ALWAYS a window that popped up

When I open AnyDVD, only the icon appears in the tray on the right. Only when I insert a disc, the window pops up because the option to show the information window is active.

If you have "Show information window for new media" in the Program Settings checked, it should. If that box in unchecked, there will be no window to pop up.

I usually right-click the little red fox in the information area and select "Rip Video Disk do Harddisk" or "Rip to image"
Why do you need that window? Do you change settings that often?

Anyway ... did you try to uninstall AnyDVD and install new? Just to get the default settings?

Is it possible it is an Anti Virus issue (i.e. blocking some aspect of the software)

Back