• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AP is letting me download HD!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps the devs: I'm noticing that anything I have rented or purchased comes down in glorious 1080p with 5.1 audio where available; however, anything that is given to you as part of AP, only comes down as 720p. I have only checked with movies thus far.
For what it's worth. I just downloaded the last 3 episodes of NCIS Season 18 via AnyStream 1.1.2.0 (32-bit), AmazonPrime and the Paramount+ channel. I wouldn't categorize those items as rentals or purchases. All 3 episodes were available in 1920x1080. Tell me the below isn't a beautiful thing. Now I can finish authoring this latest season to Blu-ray!

AnyStream 1.1.3.3 (960x540)
amazonprime_540p.jpg

AnyStream 1.1.2.0 (1920x1080)
amazonprime_1080p.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth. I just downloaded the last 3 episodes of NCIS Season 18 via AnyStream 1.1.2.0 (32-bit), AmazonPrime and the Paramount+ channel. I wouldn't categorize those items as rentals or purchases. All 3 episodes were available in beautiful 1920x1080. Tell me the below isn't a beautiful thing. Now I can finish authoring this latest season to Blu-ray!

AnyStream 1.1.3.3 (960x540)
View attachment 57430

AnyStream 1.1.2.0 (1920x1080)
View attachment 57431
I'm looking forward to finally having the rest of Good Eats in HD! I mean, I know it's not the most demanding show in terms of visual fidelity, but I am a quality nerd after all.

First, I'd like to say that this is wonderful, and hope that it's a promise of positive things to come.

Second, I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it seems that some many people are celebrating in joy but not asking the right questions. The devs in the thread don't seem to be surprised by the news. Did they quietly fix it without an announcement and were waiting it out for whatever reason before telling us, or did Amazon "temporarily" revert their settings so that they could work some things out before they "lay down the law" again.... I think it's important to know because if it's the latter then we are not going to celebrate much longer.

Can someone in the dev team confirm if they found a solution to this latest drm issue or is this Amazon playing games, and it's all a false hope?

I'm looking forward to finally having the rest of Good Eats in HD! I mean, I know it's not the most demanding show in terms of visual fidelity, but I am a quality nerd after all.
I find SD quality video to be completely serviceable when viewed at smaller screen sizes. I have a 50" plasma in my home office. DVD's look fine. I don't really long for HD in that case. Out in the living room is another story per my front projector and 150" screen. SD video just doesn't hold up well at that screen size. If it's not HD I don't even bother.

First, I'd like to say that this is wonderful, and hope that it's a promise of positive things to come.

Second, I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it seems that some many people are celebrating in joy but not asking the right questions. The devs in the thread don't seem to be surprised by the news. Did they quietly fix it without an announcement and were waiting it out for whatever reason before telling us, or did Amazon "temporarily" revert their settings so that they could work some things out before they "lay down the law" again.... I think it's important to know because if it's the latter then we are not going to celebrate much longer.

Can someone in the dev team confirm if they found a solution to this latest drm issue or is this Amazon playing games, and it's all a false hope?

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/ap-is-letting-me-download-hd.81226/page-2#post-541513

Since the older version is the one working, I think it's highly likely Amazon reverted their scheme, and we'll be in for a rude awakening on the 31st. But I'm taking advantage of it for as long as I can.

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it seems that some many people are celebrating in joy but not asking the right questions. The devs in the thread don't seem to be surprised by the news. Did they quietly fix it without an announcement and were waiting it out for whatever reason before telling us, or did Amazon "temporarily" revert their settings so that they could work some things out before they "lay down the law" again.... I think it's important to know because if it's the latter then we are not going to celebrate much longer.
Actually, I'm just celebrating being able to download the last 3 episodes of NCIS Season 18 in 1080p. I don't really care what happens from here, short term or long term. I have no control over that. To quote REO Speedwagon, "Live every moment, love every day. 'Cause before you know it your precious time slips away". :p

Last edited:

If the devs had 'cracked the code' we would have seen a new update to get it working. That it is working on the previous version heavily suggests that Amazon reverted after a pilot, or is A/B testing something.

I wouldn't read that as a negative. The devs have been (I'm guessing) fairly focused on the change, and more than likely Amazon will wind up reverting it at some point; so now anystream is ostensibly ahead of the game.

Wouldn't be a horrible time for Anystream to diversify out to some other services though .. I would wager. Having more options make speed-bumps like this a little less painful than having all your eggs in one basket.

@DannyBoi I have checked your log and I see no anomaly there. Both audio and video streams are downloaded fine and their duration difference is about 0.032 of a second. Could you try a different player perhaps?
i played in vlc and mpc-hc and the problem is the DDP5.1 Audio anything u can do about it plz? DDP2.0 Is Fine its just 5.1 thats the problem, ill contact amazon and let them know to

If the devs had 'cracked the code' we would have seen a new update to get it working. That it is working on the previous version heavily suggests that Amazon reverted after a pilot, or is A/B testing something.

I wouldn't read that as a negative. The devs have been (I'm guessing) fairly focused on the change, and more than likely Amazon will wind up reverting it at some point; so now anystream is ostensibly ahead of the game.

Wouldn't be a horrible time for Anystream to diversify out to some other services though .. I would wager. Having more options make speed-bumps like this a little less painful than having all your eggs in one basket.
I'm kind of leaning towards this myself. I just find it strange that we got this update from another member who accidently tried an old version and it worked for him. The devs have already worked on this for 2 and a half weeks and must have tested various solutions gazillion of times and throughout their testing they didn't notice it? And if they did, why would they not let us know right away.

Ever since the current drm issue came into place, I started lurking another forum for a competition product, to see how they were managing the same problem. On there I saw 3 posters, early this week, claiming that another program (AS possibly?) fixed the issue as early as Monday 24th. I don't know if anyone else have tested AS last week with the old version and just kept it quiet if it worked for them.....but this whole turn of events is very strange to me. I'm not suggesting anything, it just seems strange to me is all.....

I'm kind of leaning towards this myself. I just find it strange that we got this update from another member who accidently tried an old version and it worked for him. The devs have already worked on this for 2 and a half weeks and must have tested various solutions gazillion of times and throughout their testing they didn't notice it? And if they did, why would they not let us know right away.

Ever since the current drm issue came into place, I started lurking another forum for a competition product, to see how they were managing the same problem. On there I saw 3 posters, early this week, claiming that another program (AS possibly?) fixed the issue as early as Monday 24th. I don't know if anyone else have tested AS last week with the old version and just kept it quiet if it worked for them.....but this whole turn of events is very strange to me. I'm not suggesting anything, it just seems strange to me is all.....
wat

very productive retort. It is because of posters like you that we can't actually have a normal conversation and ask legitimate questions.
Excuse me, but I wasn't trying to say you're wrong, I was saying I'm shocked and intrigued to know more about this all. For future reference, if I think you have no idea what you're talking about, I'll respond with a simple "no".

Excuse me, but I wasn't trying to say you're wrong, I was saying I'm shocked and intrigued to know more about this all. For future reference, if I think you have no idea what you're talking about, I'll respond with a simple "no".
In that case I apologize to you. It's just in the last 2 weeks you have posters coming out and politely trying to muzzle you (which is the reason I don't like posting here too much) and trying to shut down any conversation by appearing to be "above it all". I can't tell the difference between someone actually being serious or just being a sarcastic a**hat. Clearly I was wrong about what you meant.

i been testing the previous version everyday and 1080p wasnt available any of those times but it is today so must have been available today only

:D Thanks to the Dev's.
HD back to AMZ again :)
It would be nice to hear from them that they actually fixed it and it's not just Amazon pulling our leg again. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful or anything but the lack of communication just makes everything worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back