• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AP 1.2.8.0

ZeroSugar

"Sorry, but we are currently unable to decrypt this stream" Still an issue in AP in new version.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0.astlog
    328.3 KB · Views: 0
Have you read any of the existing threads???? Yes there are still problems with AP .. people have been posting about it for a couple of days

I think members continue to post about it for three reasons. One, it’s not clear if the redfox team wants more examples and log files to help them with identifying and fixing the problem (or if they have enough). Two, it’s also not clear what priority this issue has within redfox. I’ve read some comments in some posts stating things like 1.2.8 fixed almost everything with AP and it’s only a few AP titles that have issues. For me, that’s 100% NOT true. AP has exactly the same issues for me and nothing is different for me. My success rate is about 1 in 10 when it comes to AP. Three, there’s no banner or alert on the Anystream forum page indicating that there is a known issue with AP 1.2.8. I think it would help stop the continued posts and clear up confusion if redfox clearly communicated that there is a known problem with AP, that fixing it is their top priority, and indicate whether or not they want more examples/logs from members. Right now, I think the current posts are confusing members (including me). My comments are not a complaint, just my observation. I appreciate everyone at redfox and their efforts to keep all of their products top notch.

I only saw moderators to comment amz issues since 1.2.8 released. No any comment from developers.
But there is so many topics about broken app so maybe there is some just lost in this mess.
It's just chaotic and no clear communication right now.

I only saw moderators to comment amz issues since 1.2.8 released. No any comment from developers.
But there is so many topics about broken app so maybe there is some just lost in this mess.
It's just chaotic and no clear communication right now.

You may of missed it but, it's CHRISTMAS and people around the world including developers are having time off work.

I would've thought there'd be no clearer communication from the devs than to have the release notes mention that Prime is still affected... What more would you realistically like, a personal acknowledgement for every single unencryptable download?.. o_O

If you read my post, I didn’t ask that the devs fix the problem during Christmas. This was posted after Christmas so I’m not sure how it was interpreted that I was expecting or asking devs to work during Christmas. I suggested that someone from redfox issue some clear and consistent communication about the issue with AP version 1.2.8.0. I think they need to acknowledge the severity of the issue and reassure members that it’s a high priority. In regards to the release note, it says, “ Note: all streaming services should work now, only some Amazon titles still have DRM issues”. I don’t think that note acknowledges the severity of the issue nor does it reassure members that the issue is a high priority for the devs. Members like me are concerned because right now “some titles” is about 9 out of 10 that DON’T work and that’s why the posts continue. Sending out a clear, concise message was only a suggestion to cut down on the active postings about it. It wasn’t a request to work on Christmas. And in the past, I have seen clear communication here by redfox when issues are widespread. Why not this time?

Maybe because they are working on the issue. It was reported with a BIG BANNER and users still questioned if it worked. I would prefer that the devs just work on the problem and stay off the board until a new version can be released

Maybe because they are working on the issue. It was reported with a BIG BANNER and users still questioned if it worked. I would prefer that the devs just work on the problem and stay off the board until a new version can be released

:D Banner gone, problem not.

I agree with both you. Banner gone, problem not. And I’d also rather the devs work on the issue! But with that being said, it would only take five or ten minutes for someone (a moderator Possibly) within redfox to put the message out there and hopefully stop some if the chaotic postings. Again, I think the devs are doing great and I’m not complaining or looking for a resolution date or for people to work holidays….just would appreciate some basic communication along the lines of...we know about it, we understand the severity, we are actively working on it, and we do (or do not) want more log files whichever the case may be.

Moderators have said that they are working on the problems .. but still people complain or act surprised that it happened to them. Redfox has never give eta's on when things will happen and should not start now. SW is too unpredictable. Just know that they are working on it

I agree with both you. Banner gone, problem not. And I’d also rather the devs work on the issue! But with that being said, it would only take five or ten minutes for someone (a moderator Possibly) within redfox to put the message out there and hopefully stop some if the chaotic postings. Again, I think the devs are doing great and I’m not complaining or looking for a resolution date or for people to work holidays….just would appreciate some basic communication along the lines of...we know about it, we understand the severity, we are actively working on it, and we do (or do not) want more log files whichever the case may be.

Everything you've just said is right on point. Communication is key, and the messages we're getting are...conflicting, to say the least. This is why I really got annoyed a few days ago when the banner vanished and mods were still claiming the decrypt issue only affects "new titles," yet a huge amount of selections (many that are leaving AP on 12/31) that aren't new additions still won't decrypt. That misinformation also suggests that the devs aren't too concerned because hey, it's just the new stuff that's affected, be patient and it'll soon be downloadable.
Trying to minimize real issues isn't a good look in the long run, which is why people are still posting about it - and are the devs interested in more logfiles for stuff that isn't new content, or not?

Have you read any of the existing threads???? Yes there are still problems with AP .. people have been posting about it for a couple of days
Yes Gatekeeper I have. None of the ones I saw specifically said the problem still existed with AP and the new version. I don't live on hear and read the 50k other posts like others; so if I do a search and then nothing comes up, I will drop a line. The Devs are big boys and can do what they want with the info without useless comments from others. Remember, you had to click on it to read it in the first place.

then you overlooked many of them, as i for a fact said that a number of times. And it's even specifically listed in the most obvious place to look. The AS release changelog

upload_2021-12-27_19-51-26.png

Again, I’m not sure if some people are just posting without reading other posts because it seems that way. I specifically said that I was not complaining and that I was not looking for a resolution date. Yet, the next post right after mine indicates that people are complaining and looking for ETA dates. Just to reiterate AGAIN…..not looking for an ETA and not complaining. I work for a software development company. I understand the development lifecycle and the challenges with situations like this. I also understand the importance and role of providing solid communication. The whole point of this post is that there is a lack of communication. If I’m wrong and there’s a post someplace where redfox acknowledges the severity of the AP issue (that it’s not only some titles don’t work and it’s not only new titles that don’t work and it’s more widespread than that) and where they state that this is a high priority for dev and where they give members guidance on whether or not to send more log files, then please indicate which post or a link where to find that communication from them.

Back