• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue AnyStream Windows - can't read text on hi-DPI screens

AcesOfThePacific

I'm running Windows 10 on a 4K screen. I have the scaling factor set to 350%. AnyStream's buttons and GUI elements do not scale with the scaling factor. This makes all the text in the buttons and throughout the GUI super tiny. I can't read anything. The web browser is perfectly readable but I can't change any options or anything simply because I can't read it. Please make this program work on hi-DPI screens. I'd love to send you logs and even give you a version number but I can't read the dialogues where you would invoke a log file, and there are no errors anyways. I don't know what version it is since I can't read it, but there are no updates available.

I'm running Windows 10 on a 4K screen. I have the scaling factor set to 350%. AnyStream's buttons and GUI elements do not scale with the scaling factor. This makes all the text in the buttons and throughout the GUI super tiny. I can't read anything. The web browser is perfectly readable but I can't change any options or anything simply because I can't read it. Please make this program work on hi-DPI screens. I'd love to send you logs and even give you a version number but I can't read the dialogues where you would invoke a log file, and there are no errors anyways. I don't know what version it is since I can't read it, but there are no updates available.
Who are looking for an update from? You need to change your settings within Windows 10.

Right-click on the desktop and select Display Settings.
Select Change the size of text, apps, and other items, and then adjust the slider for each monitor. Set the DPI setting to Smaller - 100%

Alternatively you can right click on the desktop, select 'Screen resolution' and then click 'Make text or other items larger or smaller'. The basic options include the ability to scale everything to 125% of the original size ('Medium'), 150% ('Larger'), 200% ('Extra Large') or 250% ('Extra Extra Large')

I can only give you an example from Windows 11 Pro.

Resolution.jpg

Last edited:
Try this one.

Close the program you want to adjust, in this case AnyStream

Open Windows Explorer.
Go to the folder where the program has been installed, in this case AnyStream.

Right click on the AnyStream executable file.
Click on Properties.
Click on Compatbility tab.
Click on Change high DPI settings.
Tick High DPI scaling override.
Click the DropDown and select System.
Click on OK.
Click on Apply.
Click on OK.

Start the program, in this case AnyStream.

There are hundreds of people here with 4K monitors, and having no issues, his setting are wrong.
I never used the setting tectpro posted (and therefore forgot about it), so I thought it was AS's fault.

Well ... I just tried the OP's settings.
4K Screen and Scaling set to 350%, Anystream scales just fine (y)
I must admit, I have another Monitor connected so my observations might not be correct.
Remember: for applications to adjust to different scaling settings you need to log out of Windows (no reboot needed) and log back in again.

Here's some examples
Changing Scaling from 100% to 350% while AS is open
1683814778827.png

Restarting AS with 350% resolution gives this
1683814824915.png

Logging off and on with 350% results in:
1683814945473.png

Last edited:
Try this one.

Close the program you want to adjust, in this case AnyStream

Open Windows Explorer.
Go to the folder where the program has been installed, in this case AnyStream.

Right click on the AnyStream executable file.
Click on Properties.
Click on Compatbility tab.
Click on Change high DPI settings.
Tick High DPI scaling override.
Click the DropDown and select System.
Click on OK.
Click on Apply.
Click on OK.

Start the program, in this case AnyStream.

That doesn't work. At one point it did, but something happened with the latest releases. Now some parts of the GUI are scaled but the text is not.

Well ... I just tried the OP's settings.
4K Screen and Scaling set to 350%, Anystream scales just fine (y)
I must admit, I have another Monitor connected so my observations might not be correct.
Remember: for applications to adjust to different scaling settings you need to log out of Windows (no reboot needed) and log back in again.

Here's some examples
Changing Scaling from 100% to 350% while AS is open
View attachment 71954

Restarting AS with 350% resolution gives this
View attachment 71955

Logging off and on with 350% results in:
View attachment 71956

I'll try to log out in a month or two. This computer is used for other important things and I can't mess up the session.

Here something that might help you in the meantime.

The inbuild Windows Magnifier.

To quickly turn on Magnifier, press the Windows logo key + Plus sign (+) . To turn off Magnifier, press the Windows logo key + Esc .
If you prefer using a mouse, select Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Magnifier > Turn on Magnifier.

Here something that might help you in the meantime.

The inbuild Windows Magnifier.

To quickly turn on Magnifier, press the Windows logo key + Plus sign (+) . To turn off Magnifier, press the Windows logo key + Esc .
If you prefer using a mouse, select Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Magnifier > Turn on Magnifier.
Great idea. Thanks for helping.

Posted this before....

Right click Icon - properties
Compatibility - Run in Compatibility Mode - Select Windows 8

Text will return to normal size.
I'm not sure if the problem was solved because the one or two months the user mentioned were already a long time ago.

I'm not sure if the problem was solved because the one or two months the user mentioned were already a long time ago.
I believe this is a Windows settings problem, not an AnyStream problem

Back