• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion AnyStream crashes on start of download

Status
Not open for further replies.

andromed

Since yesterday, AnyStream crashes just before downloading a file from amazon prime (either at the first queued file when I resume downloading) or just after completing one download while trying to start another). I have plenty tokens left.

It happens quite often, but not all the time. I estimate about 10% success, 80% plain crash without any message, 10% crash with a dump file.

I attach one of the dump files. Please tell me if you need more info.

Cheers,
Andreas

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.1.0_Dump_20240210221625.astdmp
    10.4 MB · Views: 5
Do the cache thing.

Delete this folder with AS not running.

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\RedFox\AnyStream\cache

If that fails I suggest uninstall, reboot, fresh install of latest version.

Do the cache thing.

Delete this folder with AS not running.

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\RedFox\AnyStream\cache

If that fails I suggest uninstall, reboot, fresh install of latest version.
Yes and always say to delete the whole cache folder in the process. Thank you DQ

Since yesterday, AnyStream crashes just before downloading a file from amazon prime (either at the first queued file when I resume downloading) or just after completing one download while trying to start another). I have plenty tokens left.

It happens quite often, but not all the time. I estimate about 10% success, 80% plain crash without any message, 10% crash with a dump file.

I attach one of the dump files. Please tell me if you need more info.

Cheers,
Andreas
Hello
I just looked at your .dmp file . This was an issue in Germany created with Amazon Germany. This should be posted in the German sub forum. This forum is regional based not language based. Maybe someone in the German forum can reproduce your issue, I cannot. Do not use a VPN please. Since you are the only person having this issue, please try what DQ posted in this thread, and always use the Green downloadables button, no other.

Last edited:
I can read a dump file but you are correct a proper log file is alwqys better.
How can I create a log file after a crash? After restarting, the log contains nothig about the previous run.

Yes, I did clear the cache. No change. I also installed AnyStream on a different computer, but have the same behaviour there.

Well, since nobody else reported this (yet), my first indication would be: there is something fishy with your network.
Although network issues usually don't cause apps to crash.
What do both PCs you have in common?
Some 3rd party antivirus/firewall?
Ad-Blocking applications or similar?

continued at the german forum

-closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back