• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone having trouble with Monty Python's The Meaning of Life: Special Edition?

Tegeril

I've set the HD-DVD to rip with AnyDVD HD's ripper twice now...and the program just crashes silently in the background at an arbitrary percentage. The first time it ripped 6.72GB, this time 13.2GB before just totally crashing without any warning. The program just closes entirely, taskbar icon and all.

I haven't tried to play the movie straight through yet, but the menu comes up in PowerDVD without a problem.

Edit: Followup info:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 6985056 sectors (13642 MBytes)
Total size: 12605184 sectors (24619 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: MONTY_PYTHONS_THE_MEANING_OF_LIFE
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

Last edited:
I've set the HD-DVD to rip with AnyDVD HD's ripper twice now...and the program just crashes silently in the background at an arbitrary percentage. The first time it ripped 6.72GB, this time 13.2GB before just totally crashing without any warning. The program just closes entirely, taskbar icon and all.

I haven't tried to play the movie straight through yet, but the menu comes up in PowerDVD without a problem.

Edit: Followup info:

If you haven't had this problem with any other discs, exchange it for another one. If that doesn't work then it could be an AnyDVD HD problem.

Back