• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone got a Sony NEC Optiarc BC-5600S slot drive (comes with Dell laptops)?

andy o

Hi, I got one of these from ebay, they pack them in an external case. So far it's working fine, but it makes a slight sort of pulsating rattling sound when playing blurays. I'm wondering if you who have this drive (most probably if you have a Dell with bluray you do) also experience this. Stupid me, I already pulled the drive out of its external case and into my laptop, voiding the return policy. It still works though, but it's too noisy. Any thoughts?

Hi, I got one of these from ebay, they pack them in an external case. So far it's working fine, but it makes a slight sort of pulsating rattling sound when playing blurays. I'm wondering if you who have this drive (most probably if you have a Dell with bluray you do) also experience this. Stupid me, I already pulled the drive out of its external case and into my laptop, voiding the return policy. It still works though, but it's too noisy. Any thoughts?
For what it's worth, I also have one of those drives (also from eBay, sold by user "yourdrive"). It makes the same faint pulsating rattle that you describe. As a matter of fact, I found this post by searching Google for reports of the same thing.

(Obviously everyone's standards are different, but I didn't think it was all that noisy -- I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything abnormal.)

I replaced it with its original external case and put back my DVD drive. In its case it doesn't seem to rattle that much. All is good, thanks for letting me know though, even a year after.

Back