• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD VS CloneDVD

DMac1

I was wondering what the benefit of ripping a DVD from CloneDVD with Anydvd enabled to just using anydvd rip to image.

I understand that if you want to mux, resize, exclude things like subtitles/languages, etc. you need a product like clonedvd. But if you just want to have an exact copy, minus the protections, is there any value that clonedvd offers? (i.e. improved iso structure, better menuing, etc.)

I currently own both LTL ( so this is a convenience question and not one monetarily) I just much prefer rip to image as it is so much easier (one step)

*On a side note, I do have one suggestion for rip to image. It would be nice if it had an option to make a sound after it was done. That way you don't have to keep watching it if you have a pile to rip.*

You're not supposed to use the iso ripper with anydvd, anydvd throws a warning for a reason. One of which is that structural protection can be copied over into the iso, that's just one of them. If you want DVD iso's user CloneDVD's function, that's what it's for and it does make a sound.

The anydvd ripper is a secondary function and will not get a sound option.

So rip to image doesn't work like James stated:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/batch-converting-protected-iso.68081/#post-422175

It really leaves the structural protection in the dvd's among other things as you stated? Are you sure about this? And what other things does it leave in? (since you mention among other things). Why would the developers allow for a feature that doesn't work, nag screens or no nag screens. Seems like they should disable it if it is crap as you suggest. Especially when they could have support issues to deal with by allowing for it to be used. I am not saying you are incorrect. I don't know the answer myself, hence the reason I am asking. However some people on here tend to give their opinion rather than facts.

As for clonedvd making a sound, I stated I own it. In fact, I like that feature, would love to see it on anydvd, in case you missed that in my post.

If you don't understand why I like rip to image, take a dvd and do rip to image, how long did it take till you have an image that is starting to rip, then take clonedvd and try the same thing? Notice it take a lot more attention and time with clonedvd? Yes, that is due to its many wonderful added features. Useless if you don't want any of them.

I have many iso's ripped by rip to image on anydvd, so I would appreciate knowing what specifically I gain by mounting the images and re-ripping with clonedvd.

As for future enhancements of anydvd, are you sure they won't be developing this? Since the new redfox group won't be reselling elby products anymore, seems like a nice way to make a little extra money or create more value (you only have to buy their product)

So rip to image doesn't work like James stated:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/batch-converting-protected-iso.68081/#post-422175

It really leaves the structural protection in the dvd's among other things as you stated? Are you sure about this? And what other things does it leave in? (since you mention among other things). Why would the developers allow for a feature that doesn't work, nag screens or no nag screens. Seems like they should disable it if it is crap as you suggest. Especially when they could have support issues to deal with by allowing for it to be used. I am not saying you are incorrect. I don't know the answer myself, hence the reason I am asking. However some people on here tend to give their opinion rather than facts.

As for clonedvd making a sound, I stated I own it. In fact, I like that feature, would love to see it on anydvd, in case you missed that in my post.

If you don't understand why I like rip to image, take a dvd and do rip to image, how long did it take till you have an image that is starting to rip, then take clonedvd and try the same thing? Notice it take a lot more attention and time with clonedvd? Yes, that is due to its many wonderful added features. Useless if you don't want any of them.

I have many iso's ripped by rip to image on anydvd, so I would appreciate knowing what specifically I gain by mounting the images and re-ripping with clonedvd.

As for future enhancements of anydvd, are you sure they won't be developing this? Since the new redfox group won't be reselling elby products anymore, seems like a nice way to make a little extra money or create more value (you only have to buy their product)
As has been mentioned several times over the years, the "rip to image" was put in for Bluray which doesn't use structural protection. It was NOT meant for DVD, which is why the warning pops up. You can use the "rip to image" for DVDs, as long as you don't plan on using the iso to burn to disc if the original disc had structural protection. If you are ripping just for playback, you probably won't have a problem.

Back