• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Unstable and not locating a drive

garyknowz

Greetings!

I've been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD for a few years without incident. However, in the last couple weeks, the program has become increasingly unstable (i.e., it stops decrypting any DVDs). It also fails to locate one of my drives altogether while cloneDVD still does. I tested the drive and it seems to work just fine.

Any help or hint as to what the issue could be is appreciated.

Cheers!
Gary K.

p.s. I just realized I placed this in the wrong forum. I'm using AnyDVD HD, but all the DVDs I'm decrypting are non-HD.

Last edited:
You are in the right forum.
Please update to the latest beta at the top of this forum and then please attach an AnyDVD logfile for diagnostic purposes.

-W

If the beta is 6.6.4.2, that's the one I have. Here's a C&P of my status page.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.4.2)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL03 000319082885GA1537
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2016864 sectors (3939 MBytes)
Total size: 4016283 sectors (7844 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_QUEEN
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!l

I made a logfile using each of my drives. It's reading right now with my D: drive, but not E:. But I usually have to restart my machine after a couple burns when it stops reading both drives.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.2_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_6.6.4.2_Info_D_THE_QUEEN.zip
    111.6 KB · Views: 3
Does your problem go away when AnyDVD is turned off? Have you tried an older version of AnyDVD to compare? Check out the bad filter too:

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.4.2)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2016864 sectors (3939 MBytes)
Total size: 4016283 sectors (7844 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_QUEEN
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected RipGuard!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 4 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.6.4.2 ) is up to date.
Code:
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

A special firmware exists for this drive. See here. This patch modifies the drive firmware in a way that it will report the volume unique id without the need of an authentification with a player key. By doing so, one part of the aacs protection is completly knocked out, because it is no longer possible to prevent anybody from getting the volume unique id by invalidating the player key used by the ripping software.

SysInfo

Problematic Process nvraidservice "Media Shield" drivers (Nvidia Storage Drivers for IDE/SATA). See here.:
Code:
PID: 2876: nvraidservice.exe
Refer here for an list of known problematic processes.

The H20L is riplocked, the firmware of this drive hinders it from reading out movie DVDs and BDs properly

The YL03 is out of date. YL05 is the latest, I recommend using the 'special version' I mentioned above and then use MCSE to remove the riplock from that one. Not really sure how that makes the drives disappear though.

@mike20021969, Clams & garyknowz

I deleted some posts that were not relevant to the problem and endangered the thread wandering OT before garyknowz had his problems resolved.

@Pelvis Popcan

I moved your question here

Last edited:
Hi Mike and Chris,

Sorry for the delay.

"Does your problem go away when AnyDVD is turned off?"

The only time I've noticed the problem is when AnyDVD is on. Both drives seem to run at other times and CloneDVD seems to recognize both fine. The missing drive tend to be the Asus drw 1814blt scsi. I just restarted my machine and it appears to be back, but I'm not sure for how long. I'll attach a log from the drive now in case it disappears again. But at any minute it seems, one drive will disappear, and in the other, I'll pop in a DVD, the status indicator says one drive is "on", but it won't decrypt. I could even go back to a disc I just minutes before decrypted, and it fails. The only way I've found thus far to correct this is to reboot my machine.

"Have you tried an older version of AnyDVD to compare?"
Where do I get an older version to compare.

The YL03 is out of date. YL05 is the latest,

The Doom9 website only had YL03 and YL04. Where can I find YL05?

And forgive my ignorance, but what is a "riplock"? I've had the BD H20L for two years now and never had any issues ripping until very recently.

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Gary

Sorry, forgot to upload the logfile, and saw no option to edit one in:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.2_Info_E_CHAPPELLE_DISC2.zip
    113.1 KB · Views: 4
Where do I get an older version to compare.

Hopefully you still have an older version that you downloaded, if not then please let me know which version you want and I'll make sure you get it.

The Doom9 website only had YL03 and YL04. Where can I find YL05?

And forgive my ignorance, but what is a "riplock"? I've had the BD H20L for two years now and never had any issues ripping until very recently.

Please see the links I posted here already. You should either use YL05 direct from LGs website, or better still the special version I mentioned.

Sorry, forgot to upload the logfile, and saw no option to edit one in:

Here's some "issues" I found just by browsing the AnyDVD Sysinfo log file unless you have changed your system:-

CDROM Class LowerFilters:
AnyDVD (System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys), Version: 6.6.3.7 (6.6.3.7)

**This is the not the latest verison of AnyDVD.**

Your drive now shows as ASUS DRW-1814BLT as below:-

E:\ -> \Device\CdRom1
\DosDevices\E:\ -> SCSI\CdRom&Ven_ASUS&Prod_DRW-1814BLT\4&1b2598fd&0&010100
Device UpperFilters:
None!

Plus you have PowerDVD 9 installed.

Here's some "issues" I found just by browsing the AnyDVD Sysinfo log file unless you have changed your system:-

CDROM Class LowerFilters:
AnyDVD (System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys), Version: 6.6.3.7 (6.6.3.7)

**This is the not the latest verison of AnyDVD.**

Actually, yes, garyknowz does have the latest version installed. The AnyDVD.sys that is part of AnyDVD 6.6.4.2 is identified as v6.6.3.7.

Sorry I dropped off the Earth like that. My PC crashed last Monday, and it's taken me a week of digging around under the hood to get it going again (swapping cables, reformatting HDDs, replacing RAM, adding a new PSU, etc...). Luckily I backed up most of my data. Ended up being the RAM I think. But hopefully the problem has been eradicated. It was just odd that the most prominent signs of trouble displayed themselves through AnyDVD. Is the program a very heavy RAM user?

Anyhow, I reinstalled AnyDVD and CloneDVD, and will report if the problem reemerges.

Thank you very much for your help, folks.

Last edited:
No, AnyDVD is not a heavy ram user. If there's an AnyDVD problem, you'll see 100 people post here. If you have a PC problem just you and the Geek Squad will know.

-W

Back