• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD scanning into infinity

DQ

As much as I never have issues with AnyDVD I have a weird one. I have a disc (log attached) that just scans forever, at some point like 10mins in will say all keys cannot be cracked but then just continues to scan and the program will crash. It look me some time to get a log file out of it and I apologize if it is incomplete.

I can play the disc in Windows no issue.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.3_Info_H_TIME_MACHINE.ziplog
    625.7 KB · Views: 3
I once had a similar problem, AnyDVD took 5 minutes to scan the disc.
I could copy it without any issue, and it also took the time to scan on my other drive. So I think it was the disc in that case. I never posted it in this forum, but I have logs (somewhere).
It was a three-disc set of some movie, was it a disney thing or something? I would've to look.

I once had a similar problem, AnyDVD took 5 minutes to scan the disc.
I could copy it without any issue, and it also took the time to scan on my other drive. So I think it was the disc in that case. I never posted it in this forum, but I have logs (somewhere).
It was a three-disc set of some movie, was it a disney thing or something? I would've to look.

No it was not Disney. Normally when I have disc issues I get read errors. And in that case it is always the disc. This behavior I have not seen before. That's not to say it isn't the disc just that this is a new one on me.

Just in case you misunderstood it, it was more a question to myself, if my disc was disney.

I also never had this issue before, and never since. So it is specific to this single set.

I did misunderstand, my bad.

Normally I would write this type of thing off to a bad disc but it works otherwise. Could still be the disc but just an odd situation.

DQ said:
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: DVD-ROM

Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

There's your problem. It's taking ages to decrypt because anydvd has to bruteforce the CSS encryption. You need to set your drive hardware region.

There's your problem. It's taking ages to decrypt because anydvd has to bruteforce the CSS encryption. You need to set your drive hardware region.

You know I forgot I did not do that. But it was for a specific reason I did not. The last time I set that for a drive, it almost immediately stopped reading UHD.

The last time I set that for a drive, it almost immediately stopped reading UHD.
How long ago was that? Now AnyDVD can make use of MakeMKV, so maybe it would work now.

Reactions: DQ
If you don't wanna set your drive region, technically you forfeit the right to complain about CSS decryption issues. Without a proper region set, anydvd can't do it the right way.
it almost immediately stopped reading UHD.

That has zero to do with uhd BD's. BD region coding is done at the disc level, not the drive level. Last i know UHD's don't have a region coding at all. Drive region ONLY comes into play with DVD's.

Well even if it is not supposed to cause an issue, in my case it seemed to. Meaning, I don't know for sure but the timing is super suspicious because almost immediately post region change it stopped reading UHD and I had to get another drive that would. I really don't want to chance it again.

At the end of the day it works for every disc I have ever put in it until now. So I have no complaints. However, even in this case after several tries and letting it just do it's thing over 10+ mins it worked. So all good. No worries, I am fine with waiting for the occasional disc.

As much as I never have issues with AnyDVD I have a weird one. I have a disc (log attached) that just scans forever, at some point like 10mins in will say all keys cannot be cracked but then just continues to scan and the program will crash. It look me some time to get a log file out of it and I apologize if it is incomplete.

I can play the disc in Windows no issue.
Exit AnyDVD. Set your drive region code. Be happy.

Back