• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD report on image file after ripping with CloneDVD

TM2-Megatron

This is something I've noticed for a while now, although my backups seem to work so I've never given it much thought (I'm no expert on the technical intricacies of DVD formatting; particularly not those that studios apply weird structural protections to). But I figured I may as well post and ask if this was normal behaviour.

So, often after I've ripped a DVD (one with structural copy protections) using AnyDVD and CloneDVD (I typically set CloneDVD to create an ISO), I notice that if I ever create a disc from the image or mount it into Virtual CloneDrive, after AnyDVD has scanned the disc it still reports having removed potential bad sectors, and finding structural copy protections. The reports aren't necessarily identical between the original and the ISO, however. I noticed it most recently when I was backing up Mission Impossible 4.

Yes , this appear to be normal. Nothing to worry about only way you can make it go away is to reauthor DVD.

This is something I've noticed for a while now, although my backups seem to work so I've never given it much thought (I'm no expert on the technical intricacies of DVD formatting; particularly not those that studios apply weird structural protections to). But I figured I may as well post and ask if this was normal behaviour.

So, often after I've ripped a DVD (one with structural copy protections) using AnyDVD and CloneDVD (I typically set CloneDVD to create an ISO), I notice that if I ever create a disc from the image or mount it into Virtual CloneDrive, after AnyDVD has scanned the disc it still reports having removed potential bad sectors, and finding structural copy protections. The reports aren't necessarily identical between the original and the ISO, however. I noticed it most recently when I was backing up Mission Impossible 4.

This is normal...
Personaly i rip my dvd's with AnyDVD in ISO mode because i want an 1:1 copy so the protections "remain"
.Then i burn the ISOs into dvdr dl, and use the copies.The original dvds are stored in my dvd stand :)

Back