• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd prevents virtual drive detection in PowerDVD

mrh335

I have been using PowerDVD 16, Virtual Clone Drive 5.4.8, and Anydvd 8.1.2.0 and previous version on Windows 10

My issue started after everything worked one night, shut off the HTPC with no issues. Next night was unable to watch a bluray ISO loaded into Virtual Clonedrive with Anydvd active on that drive using PowerDVD 16 as the player.

If Anydvd is active on that drive, PowerDVD hangs with the "detecting drive" text in the PowerDVD window.

If I unselect monitoring of that virtual drive in Anydvd, the disc loads fine in PowerDVD and will play.

I reinstalled PowerDVD, updated Virtual Clonedrive, and installed latest beta and release of Anydvd all with same issue.

I checked if any Windows updates happened overnight and none were reported either.

I have tried with PowerDVD 15 and 13. PowerDVD 15 has same issue and PowerDVD 13 works fine, but does prompt for AACS updates which I decline.

The issue seems related to AnyDVD and PowerDVD and if AnyDVD is monitoring the drive where the disc is loaded, PowerDVD is not allowing things to continue.

I am not sure if a logfile creation is possible to show this issue, but will be happy to create one if provided some direction.

Please help to figure out how to restore the functionality of AnyDVD with PowerDVD.

I have been using PowerDVD 16, Virtual Clone Drive 5.4.8, and Anydvd 8.1.2.0 and previous version on Windows 10

My issue started after everything worked one night, shut off the HTPC with no issues. Next night was unable to watch a bluray ISO loaded into Virtual Clonedrive with Anydvd active on that drive using PowerDVD 16 as the player.

If Anydvd is active on that drive, PowerDVD hangs with the "detecting drive" text in the PowerDVD window.

If I unselect monitoring of that virtual drive in Anydvd, the disc loads fine in PowerDVD and will play.

I reinstalled PowerDVD, updated Virtual Clonedrive, and installed latest beta and release of Anydvd all with same issue.

I checked if any Windows updates happened overnight and none were reported either.

I have tried with PowerDVD 15 and 13. PowerDVD 15 has same issue and PowerDVD 13 works fine, but does prompt for AACS updates which I decline.

The issue seems related to AnyDVD and PowerDVD and if AnyDVD is monitoring the drive where the disc is loaded, PowerDVD is not allowing things to continue.

I am not sure if a logfile creation is possible to show this issue, but will be happy to create one if provided some direction.

Please help to figure out how to restore the functionality of AnyDVD with PowerDVD.
I know this doesn't help, but AnyDVD & VCD & PowerDVD 7-16 work fine together. I suspect a third party program interfering. An AnyDVD logfile might help to identify it.

I know this doesn't help, but AnyDVD & VCD & PowerDVD 7-16 work fine together. I suspect a third party program interfering. An AnyDVD logfile might help to identify it.

Like I said, my setup has worked this way for several years. I used it one night, turned it off, and then the next night had the issue. No PowerDVD or Windows updates show that they were installed overnight. Obviously, something changed and I can only assume it was PowerDVD or AnyDVD.

I will troubleshoot more today.

which is why James is asking for the anydvd logfile.

Attached is the logfile for a bluray for the I drive (virtual clone drive) and J (PowerDVD virtual drive). Note all blurays have the same result. This bluray has worked without issue for years. Disabling AnyDVD for the virtual drive allows all bluray ISOs to play in PowerDVD 16.

I also tried with Cinavia detection on and off. This disc doesn't have Cinavia. I also tried with the built in ISO drive with PowerDVD and when AnyDVD was active for the PowerDVD virtual drive, PowerDVD failed to load the disc timing out during the load option. When AnyDVD was disabled for the PowerDVD virtual drive, the disc completed loading and playing.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_J_A_TEAM_FD.ziplog
    303.4 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_I_A_TEAM_FD.ziplog
    303 KB · Views: 1
Did some more digging. Found a post on another PowerDVD forum and the issue had to do with some files being created there.

Followed the direction to delete the folder %userprofile%\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PowerDVD16

PowerDVD recreates the folders at next start and the disc plays fine.

Did some more digging. Found a post on another PowerDVD forum and the issue had to do with some files being created there.

Followed the direction to delete the folder %userprofile%\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PowerDVD16

PowerDVD recreates the folders at next start and the disc plays fine.
Very interesting and good to know.

Back