• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD is acting weird

wdustman

Hello. I'm having a problem with AnyDVD, using 7.0.4.0. I also tried 7.0.4.1 beta to see if it would fix it to no avail. What happens is when AnyDVD finishes ripping a DVD to the harddisk, at the 99% mark it stops and causes Windows 7 to give me the popup message that AnyDVD has stopped working and that Windows will look for the reason it has stopped. I click OK and AnyDVD ends. I check the DVD files with Shrink 32 and all is ok, it has ripped the entire disc with no problems other than the stop at the 99% mark. Obviously, this has never happened before with any other versions of AnyDVD and I have no idea what Windows 7 file would be causing the problem, if that's the case.

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit

Any idea what is going on? Thanks.

Normally AnyDVD says "DONE" when it it's 100%.
Since you are actually getting a good rip - it sounds like the way something in windows is handling the completion message. (I trust you've tried this with many disks and are sure?)
Very odd indeed???

-W (at a loss)

Did you install some software around the time AnyDVD started having this problem?

Posting a system information log might help narrow down what might be making Windows act weird.

Click Start>All Programs>Slysoft>AnyDVD>AnyDVD System Information. Attach the resulting zip file in a new reply so the developers can have a look.

Here is the Zip you asked for

Here is the system attachment. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.4.1_Info.zip
    16 KB · Views: 5
You could try disabling any antivirus/antispyware software and see if that fixes it, especially as you seem to have quite a few installed

Environmental issue?

99% errors like this point to a problem properly closing the task. Since the content is OK then this is likely a hardware or environment issue. I notice you have quite a few processes running twice. This may cause some strange issues.

Is the first rip after a reboot completing OK?
I'd look to see why you have some elements running twice.

Clean out your hard drive and registry in Windows 7.

Windows defender and Windows firewall set correctly for options in the Windows 7 control panel?

CCleaner and JV16 power tools are great clean out tools.

Clean out your old restore points and establish new restore points every week.

In Windows 7 be sure you have Recovery and OS system back-up turned on and do a back-up every two weeks to a seperate hard drive like a 500GB USB hard drive.

Clean out dead files and defrag more often.

Anti-virus options set correctly?

I will take all these recommendations to heart and do them right away. My anti-virus programs are set correctly. I have windows defender set correctly but may remove it. I have norton security suite (free with Comcast) and it is my anti-virus and also the spyware and firewall program. But it was set prior to AnyDVD's problem. I will check the double running programs and fix them, that could be the issue. Thanks for the help and I will keep you informed.

Just because they were working doesn't mean that an update may not now be causing an issue.
For example, there was an update out for Microsoft security essentials which is now causing us issues with editing software whereas before that update everything worked fine.

Luck has it...I stopped using Microsoft Security Essentials as it conflicted with Norton and was totally messing up my system. I'll double check to make sure it is removed from my system. Thanks.

I was just using that as an example, if it were me I'd be more likely to remove Norton as it's much more invasive than any other software I've ever used, we won't touch it. With MSE all we had to do was reinstall the older version and not allow it to do a program update, but still allow definition updates

Last edited:
Just to add my 2 cents--have used Norton AV (no suites, 360 etc.) for more years than I can remember and have never had a conflict or an infection.
I have tried others and found them unreliable and many false positives, especially the 'free' ones.

Just saying, many like to give a thumbs down to Norton, but it has never been justified imho or by my experience.
I suggest the issue is not with norton, but somewhere else.:)

Problem solved (I hope)

I think the problem is solved. I found a problem with a corrupted Windows Media Center Update file. It apparently was only half updated which caused problems with the sound, also causing problems with AnyDVD's sound and my 99% problem. I just reinstalled the update to the Media Center and ran through AnyDVD 5 different DVD's (old and new movies with macrovision, etc) and all finished 100% on both of my drives. This was also with Norton enabled. All seems to be well here in Maryland, USA. Thanks for the help and advice.
:bowdown:
I wasn't aware of the Norton takeover of the PC, so I may look at trying WSE on it's own.

Just to add my 2 cents--have used Norton AV (no suites, 360 etc.) for more years than I can remember and have never had a conflict or an infection.
I have tried others and found them unreliable and many false positives, especially the 'free' ones.

Just saying, many like to give a thumbs down to Norton, but it has never been justified imho or by my experience.
I suggest the issue is not with norton, but somewhere else.:)
As a system builder I would have to disagree, Norton has become one of the worst and most invasive of the antivirus software's we've tested which is why we would never use it on our systems these days and warn all our customers that if they decide to install it then we can't guarantee their editing systems will work properly as it causes crashing and playback/capturing issues, and has often given false positives, we've even had false positive with AnyDVD and Norton

as a fellow systems builder i can nothing but verify the above. The current versions of norton (wich ever one you pick) is the most bloated piece of crapware i've seen next to dvdcrap :p. False positives, crashes, major system resource hog, ... The one i always recommend and pre-install on systems is avast. Its the best one i've ever used.

I think the problem is solved. I found a problem with a corrupted Windows Media Center Update file. It apparently was only half updated which caused problems with the sound, also causing problems with AnyDVD's sound and my 99% problem. I just reinstalled the update to the Media Center and ran through AnyDVD 5 different DVD's (old and new movies with macrovision, etc) and all finished 100% on both of my drives. This was also with Norton enabled. All seems to be well here in Maryland, USA. Thanks for the help and advice.

Am very glad to see you discovered what was causing you problems and it got solved. Thanks for letting us know what was wrong.

good find and fix.

Glad you got it fixed and as I suggested it wasn't norton. And yes I build also. So each to their own.

microsoft security essentials

Hello. I'm having a problem with AnyDVD, using 7.0.4.0. I also tried 7.0.4.1 beta to see if it would fix it to no avail. What happens is when AnyDVD finishes ripping a DVD to the harddisk, at the 99% mark it stops and causes Windows 7 to give me the popup message that AnyDVD has stopped working and that Windows will look for the reason it has stopped. I click OK and AnyDVD ends. I check the DVD files with Shrink 32 and all is ok, it has ripped the entire disc with no problems other than the stop at the 99% mark. Obviously, this has never happened before with any other versions of AnyDVD and I have no idea what Windows 7 file would be causing the problem, if that's the case.

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit

Any idea what is going on? Thanks.

ME3!
i have been having issues for about 2 weeks.
can anyone help.
i removed the microsoft security essentials and i am still getting
errors on the burns. generally cyclic redundancy

File 1 C:/CloneDVDTemp/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 23 W2

thanks Gene

If you'd read through the later posts you'd see that his problem was fixed, Please don't just post 'me3' as your issue is probably not the same as the OP's, if you are having issues then start a proper thread of you own giving full details of the problem along with requested logfiles.

If you really are getting that error when you try to burn a disc then that would imply either a problem with your hardrive or with your burner/blank discs

Last edited:
Back