• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD

Killakel77

I read this and was confused. After April 30th what is going to happen? Are you creating a new program in place of AnyDVD (HD)? Please let me know because I can not live without this program.

Important information for SlySoft license owners!
SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.3. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Saturday, April 30, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.

SlySoft licenses of other products are not affected and will continue to work normally.

That means you need a new license from RedFox after that date

You answered your own question with the thing you copied from the download page. After that date, there's a chance anydvd will no longer be able to access the OPD if you have a slysoft license. Some time soon, an anydvd version will be released requiring a RedFox license.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I read this and was confused. After April 30th what is going to happen? Are you creating a new program in place of AnyDVD (HD)? Please let me know because I can not live without this program.

Important information for SlySoft license owners!
SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.3. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Saturday, April 30, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.

SlySoft licenses of other products are not affected and will continue to work normally.

As long as the license has not expired because it was a time-limited (ie 1 yr, 2 yr, etc) license then here is what will happen:

1. Any version of AnyDVD that is still an intermediate release prior the licensing change will continue to function as long as the license hasn't expired. Lifetime licenses don't expire per se.
  2. RedFox will be releasing newer RedFox versions of AnyDVD HD with continued access to the OPD, updates to handle new protections, etc.
  3. There will no longer be AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD as separate license options. There will only be the option to buy AnyDVD HD which will support SD and HD.
  4. An older Slysoft AnyDVD license will no longer have access to the RedFox OPD without transitioning over to a RedFox license after April 30th. Pricing and details have yet to be fully clarified but Ch3vr0n posted some information that gives a glimpse into what will happen on that from here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/redfox-addresses-slysoft-license-concerns.68578/. Just focus on the first post which I linked to. Try to not get lost in the wild speculation and conspiracy theories being thrown around.
  5. It's entirely possible that there may be newer updates before we reach the end of the line on the switch-over. That comes down to development of which I can't really speak of. I'm just noting the possibility. At the end of the day update release schedules, how licensing is handled, etc is up to RedFox and its developers.
  6. If a user doesn't transition to a newer RedFox license and continues to use the older Slysoft AnyDVD license with a version of AnyDVD that accepts the old licenses then the decryption will still work as long as: (1) the license hasn't expired and (2) decryption is possible without accessing the OPD.
  7. Almost all DVDs can currently be handled without the OPD.
  8. Many Blu-rays can be handled but there are limitations based on the protections used. James posted a more specific explanation but I can't seem to find it.
  9. CloneCD, CloneDVD mobile, and GameJackal licenses previously purchased will not be impacted.
I think I covered all the bases?

Seems clear to me. I don't really use the Blu-Ray functionality, have 'lifetime' licenses for all products to date. Make no mistake, I'll be on board with a new license to support the cause when it's available.

Thanks, guys - :cool:

Should be still possible to use Anydvd after April 30th with an old license - but without Online Protection Database or am i wrong ?

Yes, but depending on the version if it requires a slysoft license, it will possibly no longer be able to access the OPD. At that point anydvd will have to do things on its own an new releases or relatively new ones may fail to decrypt current because of being unable to access the OPD.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

As long as the license has not expired because it was a time-limited (ie 1 yr, 2 yr, etc) license then here is what will happen:

1. Any version of AnyDVD that is still an intermediate release prior the licensing change will continue to function as long as the license hasn't expired. Lifetime licenses don't expire per se.
  2. RedFox will be releasing newer RedFox versions of AnyDVD HD with continued access to the OPD, updates to handle new protections, etc.
  3. There will no longer be AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD as separate license options. There will only be the option to buy AnyDVD HD which will support SD and HD.
  4. An older Slysoft AnyDVD license will no longer have access to the RedFox OPD without transitioning over to a RedFox license after April 30th. Pricing and details have yet to be fully clarified but Ch3vr0n posted some information that gives a glimpse into what will happen on that from here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/redfox-addresses-slysoft-license-concerns.68578/. Just focus on the first post which I linked to. Try to not get lost in the wild speculation and conspiracy theories being thrown around.
  5. It's entirely possible that there may be newer updates before we reach the end of the line on the switch-over. That comes down to development of which I can't really speak of. I'm just noting the possibility. At the end of the day update release schedules, how licensing is handled, etc is up to RedFox and its developers.
  6. If a user doesn't transition to a newer RedFox license and continues to use the older Slysoft AnyDVD license with a version of AnyDVD that accepts the old licenses then the decryption will still work as long as: (1) the license hasn't expired and (2) decryption is possible without accessing the OPD.
  7. Almost all DVDs can currently be handled without the OPD.
  8. Many Blu-rays can be handled but there are limitations based on the protections used. James posted a more specific explanation but I can't seem to find it.
  9. CloneCD, CloneDVD mobile, and GameJackal licenses previously purchased will not be impacted.
I think I covered all the bases?

Thanks. You covered everything.

So, for those of us that have an AnyDVD HD lifetime licence (even those that just bought it within the last few months) if I understand correctly, it will still work but it wont be getting any more updates?

So, for those of us that have an AnyDVD HD lifetime licence (even those that just bought it within the last few months) if I understand correctly, it will still work but it wont be getting any more updates?

Exactly what I'm trying to understand, with a 2 year license I just bought back in August. But, I keep getting referred to the same thread, which is not answering the question clearly.

It's very simple. If I have a two year license that is active (from August 2015) and just upgraded to 7.6.9.5, will I be getting updates now through Red Fox or not? If not, just say, "no, you'll have to re-subscribe and pay again, this time to Red Fox".

Some of what I read sounds like they may provide updates to people who have licenses for a pre-determined period (1 or 2 years). Is that why we updated, so that we got the Red Fox version in order to *continue* the updates until our license expires? I'm not sure about lifers.

If the post that keeps getting passed around was so clear to everyone, you wouldn't have everyone making posts and generating more comments in that thread, looking for such clarification.

Back