• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD taking forever to rip

DOMINO

Hiya,

I have had ANYDVD HD for awhile and within the last two months, maybe 1 month...the rips have been taking way longer. Used to get about 50 mins per rip now about 2 hours.

When checking CPU usage on my Core 2 Duo, only one core is being used while ripping. How do I enable the multi core aspect of ANYDVD HD?

Does it not use the second core yet?

It has nothing to do with the cpu, but to do with the speed of transfer. To start with try defragging your hard drives. Mine can take anywhere from 1 - 2 hours depending on where it's going ,how fragmented my drive is and the size of the original

Check if your drive is still running in DMA mode. If you try and rip too many scratched discs, windows XP automatically switches your drive to PMI mode (which is way way slower).

To check, choose "System" from the XP Control Panel and choose "Device Manager" from the Hardware Tab.

Choose "Secondary IDE Channel" from under the "IDE/ATAPI Controllers"* heading, right click and choose Properties.

Choose "Advanced Properties" and it should have the current status of each drive attatched to the controller (DMA/PMI). If it is PMI, simply uninstall the Secondary Controller and restart your PC. Windows will automatically reinstall it on reboot and your drive will be in DMA mode again.

*This may be different for SATA drives, I'm not sure as I don't have any

Hope this helps :)

Back