• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD repeatedly scanning inserted BD

George++

Has anyone else had an issue with AnyDVD successfully scan a BD, and then a few seconds later do another scan as if a new BD had been inserted into the drive? Seemingly endlessly repeating the scan process?

A reboot of my PC stopped that behavior, kicking Windows in its "brains" does solve a lot of problems. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this before. I'd hate to think this was something intermittent with this version, 8.5.3.2, specifically.

Has anyone else had an issue with AnyDVD successfully scan a BD, and then a few seconds later do another scan as if a new BD had been inserted into the drive? Seemingly endlessly repeating the scan process?

A reboot of my PC stopped that behavior, kicking Windows in its "brains" does solve a lot of problems. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this before. I'd hate to think this was something intermittent with this version, 8.5.3.2, specifically.
I'd just purchased a few Blu-ray discs from Amazon US earlier this week and I didn't come across your issue when AnyDVD was doing it's thing.

Hopefully it was just a weird, one time glitch.

Has anyone else had an issue with AnyDVD successfully scan a BD, and then a few seconds later do another scan as if a new BD had been inserted into the drive?

The only time I see this happen is when I have an .iso mounted and playing, then double-click another .iso to play it (without stopping play on the first).

The second .iso often repeatedly mounts in this case.

I stop it by ejecting the second .iso, waiting a beat, then re-mounting it.

Could be an entirely different scenario from yours but just sayin'.

T

It was a physical disc, not a mounted ISO.

It probably was a situation where Windows went loopy, corrected by a reboot.

When I had to reboot, usually is because my device drivers was not updated! Are yours keep up to date?

I am particularly anal about keeping all of my devices' drivers as up-to-date as possible, as soon as possible, so it isn't very likely to have been such an issue.

Even it it was it was a very transitory problem that was set right by a reboot.

I've never seen this rescan problem before. And hopefully won't see it again. Should I do, swift kick on Win10's behind!

I have had this particular problem using both of my portable Pioneer External USB BR reader/burners..model numbers BDR-XD05TB and BDR-XD07TB
I have no idea why AnyDVD HD does it but it happens everytime I insert a new BR disc. To fix the issue I disconnect the USB drive from the computer USB port open the Pioneer tray (which is a flip up top) and load the disc, close the tray and then connect the USB cable to the computer, which then fires up the BR player and starts off ANYDVD HD which completes its BR disc check normally. This seems to fix the repeating issue and AnyDVD HD loads normally, checks the disc and then sits back quietly on the active taskbar on Windows 10. I thought it may have been an issue with the previous version but 8.5.4.0 is doing the same thing without my work-around. Got me beat as to why..i've never had issues till recently..very odd behaviour.

I have had this particular problem using both of my portable Pioneer External USB BR reader/burners..model numbers BDR-XD05TB and BDR-XD07TB
I have no idea why AnyDVD HD does it but it happens everytime I insert a new BR disc. To fix the issue I disconnect the USB drive from the computer USB port open the Pioneer tray (which is a flip up top) and load the disc, close the tray and then connect the USB cable to the computer, which then fires up the BR player and starts off ANYDVD HD which completes its BR disc check normally. This seems to fix the repeating issue and AnyDVD HD loads normally, checks the disc and then sits back quietly on the active taskbar on Windows 10. I thought it may have been an issue with the previous version but 8.5.4.0 is doing the same thing without my work-around. Got me beat as to why..i've never had issues till recently..very odd behaviour.
It doesn't hurt to post logfiles from a random discs.

Back