• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Proper setup

cardzetc

I hope I'm asking this question in the right place. I was reading some post about AnyDVD HD and the problems some members are having. I have had AnyDVD HD for a number of years and never really had to many problems to speak about. I have always used the AnyDVD HD in the default settings, exactly the way it was installed and the way any updates would have changed it.
My question is, for all the really wise user's in this forum! What are the most efficient and proper settings in all the area's of AnyDVD HD set up links, to get the best results from AnyDVD HD? I mean what should be checked and what shouldn't be checked in each area? I am set in the default settings and have never changed anything yet, and am looking for mentoring the best help in getting the best results from my AnyDVD HD. I am pretty sure I'm not the only one wanting these answers, they may be to shy to ask. Thank you.

If I knew of any different settings to optimize results, I would definitely post them. However, my only use of this product is to decrypt the disc and transfer it to my HDD. That's it and it works efficiently as advertised. Beyond that, I can't imagine there's anything else I would need to set to eek out more from the program. Speed maybe? Maybe an option to use GPU instead of the CPU? Although, even then I wouldn't see a need since it's not actually transcoding video or anything of the sort.

What are the most efficient and proper settings in all the area's of AnyDVD HD set up links, to get the best results from AnyDVD HD?

There are really no 'proper' settings, it depends on the user and usage.
Default settings are the most efficient and reliable :)

Opening the settings and right clicking on the words of a setting gives a more detailed explanation. Usually explanation is sufficient to me if there's any that you don't understand feel free to post a Q and ask for help. There are Alot of very knowledgeable people here plus the RedFox team to help you. Just remember some settings can have undesired side-effects and that's usually explained in settings. But you should play it on your PC playback program preferably PDVD since its "official" and supports menu's amongst other things. But it is up to you to test playback after changing certain settings.

I only made 3 small changes on the default ones

DVD > set the region to 2
BD > enabled "remove prohibited user operations" (usually lets you skip the initial trailer crap) & enabled "Disable BD-live"

Works perfectly

I use the speedmenu for Java based as well with settings you stated. Sometimes the keep original menu settings can cause an issue but not often. And you still done what's nessecery and test the playback for undesired results. Before you burn if not using RW but I wouldn't want to waste the time either. And I'm region A/ region 1.

I only made 3 small changes on the default ones

DVD > set the region to 2
BD > enabled "remove prohibited user operations" (usually lets you skip the initial trailer crap) & enabled "Disable BD-live"

Works perfectly
They have also added a new feature for Blu-ray like they have for DVD's to skip the pre menu clips and adverts too.

That's been there for a long time, and it isn't perfect. Often can cause playback issues, what's NEW is that it can be used on copies. The feature itself isn't new, i'm pretty sure.

Thanks all, will play with it and see if I have anymore questions.

I basically extract the whole movie with encryption and all and archive it as the original ISO. Then I use that archive to extract only the main movie using clownBD. No real need to play with any of the settings if you are using clownbd.

Back