AnyDVD HD + Pioneer BDR-S08XLT -> low rip speed

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by odolino100, May 20, 2014.

1. odolino100

odolino100 Member

I hope someone can help me.

I have already a thread in the german forum but no one can help me there.

I use a BDR-S08XLT Pioneer BD burner to rip my BluRays, but often have the problem that the rip speed is constantly 8.58 MB/s and dont rise.

For Example its PERCY_JACKSON_SEA_OF_MONSTERS or BLACK_SWAN

The problem are not the discs or the burner I think its AnyDVD HD, because i also tried to rip my blurays with DVDFab Passkey an there I can rip these bds with speed aboth 20 MB/s

I also tried AnyDVD's speed control: Settings -> Drives -> Enable Speed control -> Other Discs -> Fast & Noisy but theres no change in rip speed.

Here are the logs of these to discs:

View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.7.0_Info_G_BLACK_SWAN.ziplog View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.3.0_Info_H_PERCY_JACKSON_SEA_OF_MONSTERS.ziplog

Anyone have the same problems with Pioneer drives?

Very big thanks for replays

2. odolino100

odolino100 Member

I hope someone can help me.

I have already a thread in the german forum but no one can help me there.

I use a BDR-S08XLT Pioneer BD burner to rip my BluRays, but often have the problem that the rip speed is constantly 8.58 MB/s and dont rise.

For Example its PERCY_JACKSON_SEA_OF_MONSTERS or BLACK_SWAN

The problem are not the discs or the burner I think its AnyDVD HD, because i also tried to rip my blurays with DVDFab Passkey an there I can rip these bds with speed aboth 20 MB/s

I also tried AnyDVD's speed control: Settings -> Drives -> Enable Speed control -> Other Discs -> Fast & Noisy but theres no change in rip speed.

Here are the logs of these to discs:

View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.7.0_Info_G_BLACK_SWAN.ziplog ; View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.3.0_Info_H_PERCY_JACKSON_SEA_OF_MONSTERS.ziplog

Anyone have the same problems with Pioneer drives?

Very big thanks for replays

3. mike_r

mike_r Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  4. odolino100

odolino100 Member

Thx for replay. My drive havent a riplock. The problem are only at a couple of discs. Sometimes i rip with 30 MB/s. Examples where the rip is very slow i told in this thread.

By 1 of 20 attempts of these discs the rip speed is normal at around 25 Mb/s.

MediaCodeSpeedEdit is not compatible with my drive.

Any other ideas?

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  5. wowszer

wowszer Well-Known Member

One thing to try is to create an .iso file, then use your other burning program, or Imgburn (free) to burn. That eliminates Anydvd from the burning. If no change, or a change, each result points you in a different direction.