• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD looping

OceanVoyager

Hi Everyone!

I cannot give specifics unfortunately for the issue I am having.

Win10 tried to update a few days back (of course without asking) and proceeded to hang for hours (apparently a common problem). After rebooting I got my system to revert to the old install.

Now, AnyDVD (beta build) keep looping. It reads the disc and shows the status in the status screen and then blanks and proceeds to read and decrypt the disc again.... over and over and over.

I have uninstalled AnyDVD several times and installed older versions and back again to the beta. Same results. I have tried DVD-BDs and regular DVDs with same results. I have used 2 different drives that worked well before.

I have no error log I can print out unfortunately as it is not a disc read problem.

I can only assume that the attempted update to Win10 Anniversary installed something that is conflicting with AnyDVD causing it to loop. My next option is to use a rescue disk and install the basic version of Win10 hoping that will solve the issue.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this and if so, what was/is the solution.

Thanks!

Last edited:
AnyDVD works just fine with anniversary update.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I am sure AnyDVD does work with the update if the update installs correctly. The problem is the update did not completely install correctly (a major issue with the update for many users -- which is why folks with the Pro version of 10 have disabled the automatic update. Unfortunately, this is not possible with the home version) on my machine. I did a rescue install where Win10 attempted to fix issues but I still have the looping except it is about every .5 seconds now. I was just wondering if anyone has had the issue of it looping like this. Win10 and and other programs are working fine. It is just AnyDVD is not stable. It recognizes the disc, reads it, and then loops back to recognizing and reading it again, over and over at a rapid rate.

I am also sure it is not an issue with AnyDVD per se but some conflict with a driver or corrupted OS sub-file.

@ OceanVoyager RE: It recognizes the disc, reads it, and then loops back to recognizing and reading it again, over and over at a rapid rate.
I had the same problem with X-Men Apocalypse 3D, it kept doing the "AnyDVD Scanning Win10 Notification" over and over. I thought it was a bad disk at first but I put it in another Win10 PC and it processed correctly. The first PC has an ASUS burner and the other one has an LG. Both of these PC's have the Anniversary Update installed so I don't think that's the problem, can you try the problematic disk on another PC?

@ OceanVoyager RE: It recognizes the disc, reads it, and then loops back to recognizing and reading it again, over and over at a rapid rate.
I had the same problem with X-Men Apocalypse 3D, it kept doing the "AnyDVD Scanning Win10 Notification" over and over. I thought it was a bad disk at first but I put it in another Win10 PC and it processed correctly. The first PC has an ASUS burner and the other one has an LG. Both of these PC's have the Anniversary Update installed so I don't think that's the problem, can you try the problematic disk on another PC?

Thanks for the reply. I cannot try it in another PC at the moment. I do know it is not the disc or either of my drives (one BD and the other just DVD) since all other discs tried on either drive do the same thing.

I finally got the anniversary update to install fully. After a lot of searching I read that wireless keyboard/mouse dongles can interfere with the update. After waiting 12 hours I pulled my dongles and the update installed in minutes. I hoped that would solve the issue. It did not unfortunately. I then uninstalled AnyDVD again and cleared out the residual directory/files. Still no good. It apparently is a machine/update issue. Whatever was installed by the Anniversary update is conflicting with the old hardware I have on this machine. I will know if and when I can try a different PC. Right now AnyDVD is useless to me.

There are many issues with the Anniv. update. I would not have updated except it forced me to. The Win10 Pro users can opt to delay/defer updating. Not home users. Many McAfee security products do not work with the Anniv. update as an example. I believe the issue is machine specific. I am sure many are not having an issue but something in my hardware/firmware/drivers/Win10 Anniv. is causing an issue with AnyDVD. So far, it is the only program that has problems.

Last edited:
AnyDVD works just fine with anniversary update.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

This statement is not necessarily true. A blanket statement like that cannot be made. I am having an issue even though most are not. It only started after attempting to install the Anniv. update to Win10. AnyDVD worked fine with the original Win10. That said, reverting back to the original Win10 did not fix the problem so something was patched in by the update that remains. There are issues with other software products with the Anniv. update.

This statement is not necessarily true. A blanket statement like that cannot be made. I am having an issue even though most are not. It only started after attempting to install the Anniv. update to Win10. AnyDVD worked fine with the original Win10. That said, reverting back to the original Win10 did not fix the problem so something was patched in by the update that remains. There are issues with other software products with the Anniv. update.

Rude as it may sound, this is really not an AnyDVD HD issue, but clearly one with Windows 10. Believe me, I'm having my own fair share of debilitating errors with Windows 10 Anniversary (most notably, DOM-related freezes), but you're probably better off asking in a Microsoft forum, rather than 'chasing' every other program that doesn't run properly any more after the Anniversary Update.

@ OceanVoyager RE: I do know it is not the disc or either of my drives (one BD and the other just DVD) since all other discs tried on either drive do the same thing.
I only has one disk that gave me a problem and it worked perfectly on the other PC and I have not had any other disks since that had the scanning over and over problem. I don't have a clue why X-Men Apocalypse was the only one the ASUS drive didn't like. I know that the first time I upgraded to Win10 I had a hard shutdown problem (without bluescreen) that caused me to go nuts with two different motherboards before I found out it was TMT5's ArcSec.sys doing it. PC are really delicate about Kernel Security faults, lol.

Rude as it may sound, this is really not an AnyDVD HD issue, but clearly one with Windows 10. Believe me, I'm having my own fair share of debilitating errors with Windows 10 Anniversary (most notably, DOM-related freezes), but you're probably better off asking in a Microsoft forum, rather than 'chasing' every other program that doesn't run properly any more after the Anniversary Update.

Well, this is my last post on this issue. First, rude, yes. Second, I never said it was an AnyDVD issue per se although it is an issue. I simply asked if there were any others with this issue and if they might have a solution. That is what help forums are for. I have been doing this for almost 35 years since the days of Osborne 1s and bulletin boards. I never said AnyDVD was faulty nor did I ask for a fix. Third, mentioning this in a Microsoft forum would probably be inappropriate for a number of reasons.

Thanks for your reply but please read my original post.

Thanks for the one person who replied with constructive comments. Thanks worknstiff. Cheers.

Well, this is my last post on this issue. First, rude, yes. Second, I never said it was an AnyDVD issue per se although it is an issue. I simply asked if there were any others with this issue and if they might have a solution. That is what help forums are for. I have been doing this for almost 35 years since the days of Osborne 1s and bulletin boards. I never said AnyDVD was faulty nor did I ask for a fix. Third, mentioning this in a Microsoft forum would probably be inappropriate for a number of reasons.

Thanks for your reply but please read my original post.

Thanks for the one person who replied with constructive comments. Thanks worknstiff. Cheers.

First of all, I never said you claimed it was AnyDVD HD's fault, but rather "this is really not an AnyDVD HD issue, but clearly one with Windows 10." And it is. And I still believe your best course of action is to simpy try and get your Windows intall fixed. And here's another thing you probably won't like to hear: they're slow to help (anyone, not just you). There are simply many issues with the Anniversary issues, and MS, as usual, don't give a sh*t. Been there, done that. For you it's AnyDVD HD, for me it's other programs that are frelled.

Check your Event Viewer (Administrative Events), and see what's causing errors. At least that way you'll get some (partial) answers.

I am having this exact problem. It did this in the past but after an upgrade at some point it was resolved. Haven't used this since Creator update but RF has updated as well. Trying to get an older build installed to try out.

Back