• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD is disabled

wingwiper69

I have been using AnyDVD for a number of years and just got a new PC with Blu-Ray abilities.

I have two questions.

I want to copy a Blu-Ray DVD to a Dual Layer DVD and I know I will not have Blu_ray, no problem I do not want to copy every single Blu-Ray that I have only selected ones. Will AnyDVD HD allow me to go from BD to Regular?

Now it says I can try it out for 21 days to see, well when I went in to anydvd to activate the Blu Ray, it already had a check mark and was grayed out.

I never had a BD DVD before so I don't think I did it, how do I get to use the trial to find it out it will do what I want.

Thanks

You need three things to back up Blu-ray discs, no matter what the ultimate destination is:

1. An AnyDVD (HD) license to unlock the HD portion of AnyDVD.
  2. A Bluray drive, either a BD-ROM or BD-RE drive. A standard DVD drive won't ever read a BD.
  3. To go from Bluray format to standard DVD you need additional software, some free, some pay. Slysoft software doesn't convert

A bit of nit-picking time here, There are Blu-ray discs and then there is DVD discs. They are totally different formats.

A BD drive CAN read standard DVDs as well as CDs and BDs.

You need three things to back up Blu-ray discs, no matter what the ultimate destination is:

1. An AnyDVD (HD) license to unlock the HD portion of AnyDVD.
  2. A Bluray drive, either a BD-ROM or BD-RE drive. A standard DVD drive won't ever read a BD.

my PC has a Blu-Ray Writer/Reader and a DVD Writer/Reader
  3. To go from Bluray format to standard DVD you need additional software, some free, some pay. Slysoft software doesn't convert

I have 1Click DVD Pro that I have been using for years, I just don't know if I can go from BD to reg DVD with it. It has been excellent for reg to reg for all these years. What would you suggest?

A bit of nit-picking time here, There are Blu-ray discs and then there is DVD discs. They are totally different formats.

I am aware of their difference, I was going to use compression to go from the 25 or 50 gig down to the 9g dual layer, or is that not going to work? I do not want all the extras, just the movie.

A BD drive CAN read standard DVDs as well as CDs and BDs.

Thanks for you rresponse

I don't know of any software personally that converts from BD to DVD, I won't ever do the conversion. If I want a movie on DVD I will get the DVD. When DVDs become a dead format just like video tape then I have to adapt. ;)

Ask about conversion software in the Third Party forum and I am sure you will get lots of suggestions.

"I don't know of any software personally that converts from BD to DVD, I won't ever do the conversion. If I want a movie on DVD I will get the DVD. When DVDs become a dead format just like video tape then I have to adapt."

It seems to be an issue, I may not want to contend with. As I do not want to make a Blu Ray copy of all my movies, some I like and some I am not interested in spending the extra for blank BDVDS

Ask about conversion software in the Third Party forum and I am sure you will get lots of suggestions.

From what I was just reading, the conversion software is also the ripper software.

Oh Well, I think I am going to skip the idea for now.

Converting a BD to a DVD

Although there are software packages out there with decrypting, editing and conversion capabilities, there are also packages out there that can handle these functions separately.

If you want to pay to add blu-ray decrypting capabilities to your AnyDVD license, you can then add "BD-RB" or "Clown-BD" or "Multi-AVCHD" to your tools arsenal in order to manipulate the decrypted blu-ray files. If you don't want to pay for upgrading AnyDVD, then you would also have to track down free blu-ray decrypting software. The point is - you CAN convert BDs to DVDs fairly easily.

Back