• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Drive speed control settings VS. Pioneer BDR-208EBK auto quiet mode

Keylonta

Pioneer BDR-208EBK Blu-ray Drive

W7

I’m having issues with AnyDVD HD's drive speed control settings. I have a Pioneer BDR-208EBK's which has a rip lock “Auto Quiet” mode. Frequently the Pioneer is overriding AnyDVD HD’s drive speed control setting which causes the BD movie to rip at a max of 8 MB/s! Sometime it's 1 out of 3 BD's or 1 out of 10, etc. Sometimes I can fix this by ejecting the BD and restarting AnyDVD HD then inserting the BD again, sometimes it fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Other things that sometimes resolve the issue are changing the speed settings from "Fast & Noisy" to any of the other settings in the drop down list or even unchecking "Enable Speed Control" will sometimes fix the 8 MB/s rip speed so that the BD will rip at e.g. 25 MB/s but will usually vary, sometimes higher or lower. One thing I have noticed is if I insert a BD movie without AnyDVD HD running; the next time I use that BD with AnyDVD HD, the rip speed is permanently reduced to 8 MB/s, and from that point on the Pioneer BDR-208EBK will always lock the rip speed for that particular BD. After discovering this, now I always make sure AnyDVD HD is running BUT the rip speed issue persists nonetheless with no way of determining the factors that induce the rip lock for any particular BD movie. Is there anyway to make the drive speed settings in AnyDVD HD work consistently? Or is there some way to remove the auto quiet mode from the BDR-208EBK? Could the AnyDVD HD developers look into what is causing the inconsistency of the drive speed control settings when used with the BDR-208EBK?

Last edited:
Back