• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Cinvia audio improvement question

gameowl

Hello, everybody. It's great AnyDVD HD can remove Cinavia working along side with CloneBD for blurays. But watching my backup up bluray with Cinavia removed , as we all know you have to down grade audio in CloneBD options in order to successfully remove Cinavia to the copied movie.

The audio does sound not as good as the original. I know RedFox and possibly working with Elaborate Bytes will eventually improve the audio of the copied bluray movie but when will this actually start to be worked on? I'm not complaining. I'm more happy Cinavia can be removed more then anything. Just curious.

There is another 'decrypt' program with a more/better 'solution', if you want to spend the money, and have the tools at your disposal to re-encode the audio track to a modern codec.

I ran into this quite a long time ago, when the folks at Dolby Labs started monkeying around with their version of HD audio, TrueHD. As they started increasing the channel count from 5.1 to 7.1 (and beyond), my two later model bluray players (Sony and Samsung) started 'throwing up' at the stream (as in wouldn't play them). Dolby, unlike DTS (or whatever they are corporate wise calling themselves these days) didn't make TrueHD fully downward/backward compatible, with a standard Dolby Digital 'core' and a TrueHD 'difference signal', which is what DTS did with DTS-HD and DTS-HD/MA. Many DVD's and Blurays had to waste disc space with multiple soundtracks (TrueHD WITH an additional Dolby Digital tracks) instead of the one track that was readable by older players and outboard decoders that could only do older 'standard' lossy DTS.

So, I found some tools that could rip apart the TrueHD into multiple PCM tracks (without, of course, any loss in quality as PCM is a non-lossy/lossless format) and them remux that back in DTS (or DTS-HD/MA). So it's something I was completely familiar with. Again, zero loss of quality. And I was left with a disc fully 'readable' by those (new at the time but older now) stand-alone players. And, as my playback equipment (receiver/decoders and newer flat screen tv's) got newer/improved, the problem slowly faded away.

But of course, still have all those tools sitting on my systems. If Redfox did a bit of a tweak (I would think maybe easier than trans-coding the audio track into Dolby Digital, wonder what kind of licensing hoops did they have to go through to use that?), but to PCM (either multichannel or separate channels) , then I could simply take that and send it through the DTS encoder and even if I used the lossy encoder would end up with something far better than even Dolby at 640K (DTS standard bitrate being 1509Kb/s, with 'half-bitrate' available as well as '2x full-bitrate' as options).

Sounds good to me, in more ways than one. The DTS-HD/MA would end up indistinguishable from the original DTS whatever or TrueHD track, period. Sans the C* of course.

Like I said, there is a 'commercial' solution out there right now that does this, but as one already has a very decent decrypter in AnyDVD, why re-invent the wheel at $xxx? As I said in another thread, I own 6 other bluray players that are older than 2010 and aren't bothered by this, but how long are they going to last (I've already had to replace the physical drive in one set)?

Beck38, I own the other solution also to remove Cinavia as I have lifetime updates for it. But I won't say what that solution is here on the forum, since it's a competitor product. I used to use it. I haven't used it in many years. I've been using AnyDVD since 2006 and AnyDVD HD since 2014, and CloneDVD2 since 2006 and CloneBD since 2014. I'm a huge fan of RedFox and Elaborate Bytes as all my software from both companies are lifetime updates, they haven't let me down yet. So I'm sticking by them all the way.

I'm going through my collection of BD and I realize, fortunately, only a very few have Cinavia.

And I just got my hand on a Sony BDP-S560, and I still have my S350.
:)

So it looks like I'm ok for a while.

Last edited:
a quick google sais that the s560 is not affected by cinavia ONLY if you keep firmware at v007 or lower. Update it = big chance of getting screwed.

The system says 11.4.014!
But I did watch Dracula Untold yesterday and it worked fine.

Perhaps I should try another one...

I'm trying Magnificent Seven as we speak.

a quick google sais that the s560 is not affected by cinavia ONLY if you keep firmware at v007 or lower. Update it = big chance of getting screwed.

It says right here on this site:

"The previous Sony version BDP-S560 does not have the hardware part of Cinavia installed."

Is there ANY way at all to get rid of Cinavia that does not involve degrading the audio? I watch all of my stuff on a PC with PowerDVD so I am content to let AnyDVD do the work bypassing it, but for people that use actually players, is there any real solution to this?

Well I did say a quick Google ;-) didn't say I was 100% sure. I refuse to have anything Sony in my house because of the cinavia thing :p

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Well I did say a quick Google ;-) didn't say I was 100% sure. I refuse to have anything Sony in my house because of the cinavia thing :p

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

No worry, I'm not pointing finger here. I can use all the help I can get.

That's the best one I found out there.

Not sure if I should look for another model that outperform this one.

Back