• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD and Vista

jim1812

I "finally" have permission from 'the Boss' to look for a new computer. One that I really like is HP Elite M9340F: Intel 2 Quad 2.66, 6Gb memory, Vista Home 64 bit processor with SP1. My question is this: will AnyDVD HD run on this machine? Don't wanna purchase a 6 gig machine and have nothing run! Also, if not 6 gig memory, what would you guys recommend for memory: 2, 3 or what?
thanks to all you gurus :bowdown:

Jim1812

PS and if I put this in the wrong thread, I sincerely apologize.

I "finally" have permission from 'the Boss' to look for a new computer. One that I really like is HP Elite M9340F: Intel 2 Quad 2.66, 6Gb memory, Vista Home 64 bit processor with SP1. My question is this: will AnyDVD HD run on this machine? Don't wanna purchase a 6 gig machine and have nothing run! Also, if not 6 gig memory, what would you guys recommend for memory: 2, 3 or what?
thanks to all you gurus :bowdown:

Jim1812

PS and if I put this in the wrong thread, I sincerely apologize.

I'm assuming the processor is an Intel Core2Quad Q6700 @ 2.66 GHz?

From the CPU, memory, and OS standpoint there will be no problem. You will require an HD-DVD and/or BluRay drive to make use of the AnyDVD HD features. The videocard is important. You want a videocard that doesn't offload to the processor.

AnyDVD and Vista

Thanks for the info. To the best of my knowledge the video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS graphics with 512 mem. Everything else you mentioned is/was correct.
Thanks,
Jim1812 :bowdown:

Thanks for the info. To the best of my knowledge the video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS graphics with 512 mem. Everything else you mentioned is/was correct.
Thanks,
Jim1812 :bowdown:

I have no experience with this video card. Maybe someone else can answer. I believe a GeForce 9500 should work in a system for dealing with HD/BD content. It's clocked lower than the 9500 GT and has GDDR2 instead of GDDR3 memory. Maybe someone else knows how this performs when watching HD/BD content. At the price point of the new card releases I'd personally separately buy one of the lower end ATI Radeon HD 4000 series of cards like a 44xx, 45xx, or 46xx.

As long as you have the HD/BD drive and the card is up to the task then I'd say the rest of the specs should be just fine for using AnyDVD HD.

Last edited:
The NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS will be fine and get all the RAM that you can for Vista. I would suggest going with Dell for a pre-built PC. They have some very good business discounts.

Back