• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 8.1.9.2 using external drive issues with Blu-Ray

Shai-Hulud

Hi,

I have an external Samsung Blu-Ray Writer that I sometimes attach to my Yoga 2 Pro to watch movies using VLC (3 Nightly) on Windows 10. In the past, this setup has worked quite well, but things have changed. When I insert a Blu-Ray it gets checked and made available to the system just fine, but when I try to play it in VLC, it starts spinning the disk, but all I get back is some thumbnail of the inserted disk's movie.

However, when I have the Blu-Ray inserted into the drive, reboot Windows 10, log in, start VLC and play the movie, it comes out fine, although I have the issue that for any chapter of the selected title, it will revert back to the original / root language of the title, but that might be related to VLC 3 Nightly.

Anything I could do in AnyDVD or VLC to try track down the issue?

Side note: AnyDVD 8.1.9.0 using VLC 2.2.6 on my desktop (Win10) with a built in Blu-Ray Writer works like a charm.

Thanks very much in advance

When I insert a Blu-Ray it gets checked and made available to the system just fine,

That right there confirms it's not an anydvd problem. Your problem is very likely VLC, it's not a real / licensed blu-ray player. At best it guesses the proper playlist, just plays back the largest m2ts and can't decode HD audio usually.

Not an anydvd problem

Hi,

I have an external Samsung Blu-Ray Writer that I sometimes attach to my Yoga 2 Pro to watch movies using VLC (3 Nightly) on Windows 10. In the past, this setup has worked quite well, but things have changed. When I insert a Blu-Ray it gets checked and made available to the system just fine, but when I try to play it in VLC, it starts spinning the disk, but all I get back is some thumbnail of the inserted disk's movie.

However, when I have the Blu-Ray inserted into the drive, reboot Windows 10, log in, start VLC and play the movie, it comes out fine, although I have the issue that for any chapter of the selected title, it will revert back to the original / root language of the title, but that might be related to VLC 3 Nightly.

Anything I could do in AnyDVD or VLC to try track down the issue?

Side note: AnyDVD 8.1.9.0 using VLC 2.2.6 on my desktop (Win10) with a built in Blu-Ray Writer works like a charm.

Thanks very much in advance

Does it happen with other media player ? Potplayer / Kmplayer / MPC-HC / BE ?

Just tried PotPlayer and it also fails. Strangely everything works just fine on my Desktop and also it worked last year....With AnyDVD and VLC, that I am 100% certain

Back