• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.1.6.4 beta

Put me back on the list...
7164 crashed TMT 6 build 119 when I tried to play Hotel Transylvania in 3D from MyMovies (so MCE plugin). This is a cinavia protected movie, freshly ripped to ISO from my original bluray.
However, it first started correctly and only crashed when MyMovies tried to force a 23.976hz refresh rate after about 15s (the normal delay) to override the wrong 24.00hz set by TMT/AMD, so you might want to look at what happens when an HDMI sync is initiated during playback, might be related (or not).

Tried the same title with 7163, works fine (including switching back to 23hz), so I reverted to that for now.

I haven't read everything but it seems when I see someone reporting a crash that the OS seems to wind up being Windows 8. Coincidence?

No, I believe you're right, it doesn't work on Windows 8.

Same thing here. Windows 8 64 Pro, Latest PVD12. Crash after the menu with BR or DVDs

Last edited:
I also have problems with mounting iso`s in clonedrive in the last two days. I use win7 64 sp1, had anydvd hd 7.1.60 installed. Mounting an image is no problem but when i try to start playing with powerdvd 10 then the disc start`s to play and powerdvd crashes. So i tried to restore an image (continues anydvd 7.1.40, java jre 7 u15) and the problems were solved yesterday. Today there was an update for java (7 update 17) and now the problem ist again present. I have no more idear what it could be.

Yes, and I heard a rumor that Java 8 is just around the corner and up the hill from being released. Could cause potential problems if AnyDVD uses Java.

I now see why J Dobbs of BD Rebuilder does not always change his sub software programs of BD Rebuilder when a new release is available.

If BD Rebuilder is working properly then no need to change the sub software programs if a new release is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
AnyDVD doesn't use Java.
But (a) it fiddles with certain BD-Java programs (Screen Pass, region locking, etc.), and (b) licensed software players do use Java.

But back to the report which started it all: I haven't seen any new issues with my software players and Java 7u17; but then I rolled back to the previous beta because this one broke TMT6. For some reason I thought the software players relied on their own copies of Java, but I didn't see anything like that in my Program Files directories; maybe they do rely on standard Oracle Java. :confused:

I don't have Java installed on my systems and the players still work fine so they don't rely on having full Java installed

Back