• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.1.6.0

Hawk

Folks, AnyDVD (HD) 7.1.6.0 is out.

Download at http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

What is new in this version

- New: Option to disable Cinavia detection when using AnyDVD with ArcSoft
TMT 5.3, TMT 6.0 or PowerDVD 12
- New: Rip to image will create sparse files to reduce the size of
required disc space and faster image creation
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (DVD): Support for new discs
- Fix (DVD): Removing annoyances could make some discs unplayable
- Some minor fixes and improvements

Last edited:
Folks, AnyDVD (HD) 7.1.6.0 is out.

Download at http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

What is new in this version

- New: Option to disable Cinavia detection when using AnyDVD with ArcSoft
TMT 5.3, TMT 6.0 or PowerDVD 12
- New: Rip to image will create sparse files to reduce the size of
required disc space and faster image creation
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (DVD): Support for new discs
- Fix (DVD): Removing annoyances could make some discs unplayable
- Some minor fixes and improvements

I don't think we need double posting of the same the "STICKY" already announces it....

Does 7.1.6.0 render Cinavia useless in Arcsoft TMT Player?

Does 7.1.6.0 disable Cinavia "detection" of Arcsoft TMT Player which essentially renders Cinavia useless since Arcsoft player would not look for it?

Has anyone verified it running with Cinavia movies?

AnyDVD (HD) 7.1.6.0:

" New: Option to disable Cinavia detection when using AnyDVD with ArcSoft
TMT 5.3, TMT 6.0 or PowerDVD 12"

Yes it works. It has been tested with the 7154&7155 betas. It works like it should. And for the record the player still looks for it, it just doesn't pickup the signal.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

I am especially interested in the behavior of...
"New: Rip to image will create sparse files to reduce the size of
required disc space and faster image creation"
...as this is what I primarily use AnyDVD HD for.

Can anyone elaborate on what "sparse files" are and how creating them reduces the size of the BluRay ISO? I'm very curious.

I am especially interested in the behavior of...
"New: Rip to image will create sparse files to reduce the size of
required disc space and faster image creation"
...as this is what I primarily use AnyDVD HD for.

Can anyone elaborate on what "sparse files" are and how creating them reduces the size of the BluRay ISO? I'm very curious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparse_files

James, what happens if an ISO is made using sparse file while the ISO is stored in an NTFS partition, and then the ISO is moved to an EXT4 partition on a NAS, from which the ISO will be streamed for playback. Will it work or will there be an issue due to the fact that the partition hosting the ISO is not NTFS? I mean especially if the player is a mediaplayer without AnyDVDHD running obviously. Thanks

Last edited:
James, what happens if an ISO is made using sparse file while the ISO is stored in an NTFS partition, and then the ISO is moved to an EXT4 partition on a NAS, from which the ISO will be streamed for playback. Will it work or will there be an issue due to the fact that the partition hosting the ISO is not NTFS?
No, but I suspect you'll lose the sparse information (Windows copy loses it even on NTFS volumes).
EXT4 should support sparse files, so you could rip directly to the EXT4 partition via an SMB share. This should create an EXT4 sparse file.
I say "should" because I haven't tested it, but a beta tester said it works.

No, but I suspect you'll lose the sparse information (Windows copy loses it even on NTFS volumes).
EXT4 should support sparse files, so you could rip directly to the EXT4 partition via an SMB share. This should create an EXT4 sparse file.
I say "should" because I haven't tested it, but a beta tester said it works.

Thanks a lot for the additional info. So if the sparse info is separate from the ISO file itself, what happens if you lose the sparse info after a copy? Is the ISO still playable with AnyDVDHD active? What if the mediaplayer is not a PC, therefore is not running AnyDVDHD?

If there is any risk of ending up with unplayable ISOs, is it possible to disable the sparse feature?

I'm just concerned about long term use of archived ISOs.

Thanks a lot for the additional info. So if the sparse info is separate from the ISO file itself, what happens if you lose the sparse info after a copy?
It is not separate, it is "inside" the image file.
Once again:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparse_file

Is the ISO still playable with AnyDVDHD active?
Sure. Why not?

What if the mediaplayer is not a PC, therefore is not running AnyDVDHD?
AnyDVD is not needed.

If there is any risk of ending up with unplayable ISOs, is it possible to disable the sparse feature?
There shouldn't be any risk. That's why you can't disable it. ;)

Thanks again, I guess I got confused when you said the sparse info could be lost when copied, even between two NTFS partitions. I thought it meant it was some kind of extended attributes or attached information of some sort. If it's within the file itself, then I don't really understand how it can get lost in a copy operation, but that doesn't matter, I trust you:)

If there is no risk for the file to become unplayable when it's moved from one OS to the other (including say a Mac OS journaled extended partition), especially when AnyDVDHD is not active, then bring it on, always nice to save some space:D.

I never know where I'm going to move my archived ISOs, I might rip my original bluray to an NTFS partition, then it can be moved to an EXT4 partition accessible through NFS or SMB, then it could end up on a Mac OS extended partition on my Macbook if I need to take a few movies with me on holiday... I just wanted to make sure that the ISO will remain valid and playable irrespective of the OS or player used to store it/play it over time.

You have reassured me:) Thanks again.

Edit: I think I get it now. It's a bit as if the file was stored on a compressed volume. When you copy/move it, it's uncompressed on the fly, so you lose the sparse data because the file is expanded to full size on the destination. So it's an OS level feature which you lose when the file is moved, but the file itself is not compromised, and it shouldn't matter to which OS you move it to.

Last edited:
Back