• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.9.1.10 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it'll play BD-formatted ISOs. And though AACS is mandatory for pressed BDs, it isn't for BD-Rs; I'll give you one guess how AnyDVD HD presents decrypted BDs to software, including ISO rippers. ;):doh:

Of course, but I just thought it odd that they openly advertise "blu-ray" support when the vast majority of blu-rays are AACS encrypted. I was at least expecting an asterisk and small print at the bottom of the page saying it doesn't work with commercial blu-rays, only the ones you make yourself.

I hope all these hardware media player companies are paying Slysoft too.:D

Of course, but I just thought it odd that they openly advertise "blu-ray" support when the vast majority of blu-rays are AACS encrypted. I was at least expecting an asterisk and small print at the bottom of the page saying it doesn't work with commercial blu-rays, only the ones you make yourself.
The rumor is that they were hoping to get AACS certification with an external Blu-Ray drive but then that fell through for some reason. So the device has full support for Blu-Ray content, but just never got the AACS keys needed to play retail discs directly.

Not bad for $100.

I have seen TMT mess up the aspect ratio from time to time without speed menus, so I'm not surprised this happens.

Good players let you select chapters directly by the numerical keys on the remote, or by some other means (both PowerDVD & TMT have direct chapter selection in the UI)

Peer has to answer this, but I'm sure there is some room for improvement.
thanks,I look forward to something on the audio/subtitle front.

On chapters, I get what you say, still a simple thing, like press right arrow on a title and a list of chapters appears, scroll down to the one you want and press enter, would replicate a very common, expected feature of Blu-ray menus.

Speedmenu checks the player's default audio language against all audio languages on the disc.
If a matching HD language is found, that one gets selected. Otherwise, the first non-HD language.
If the player's preselected language is not found in the playlist at all, the first HD track is selected.

This way you'd get the main audio track in nearly all situations.
Manual selection will be added sometime - please don't forget, that I have to take care of protections, too, every now and then, I don't have unlimited spare time for this... ;)
I fully respect this :agree: core functionality comes first :) what you have done sounds good and better than some Blu-rays I have that inexplicably do not default to the hd track.

The rumor is that they were hoping to get AACS certification with an external Blu-Ray drive but then that fell through for some reason. So the device has full support for Blu-Ray content, but just never got the AACS keys needed to play retail discs directly.

That's a "good thing"(tm). No AACS license = no Cinavia requirement. ;)

That's a "good thing"(tm). No AACS license = no Cinavia requirement. ;)
Yes, interesting. If they can get away with it what stops a PC software vendor releasing a DRM-free, otherwise "full" player?

Yes, interesting. If they can get away with it what stops a PC software vendor releasing a DRM-free, otherwise "full" player?

You mean a Blu-ray playback software like PowerDVD or TMT without AACS & BD+ support?

Don't know, probably some BD licensing rules.
And the problem, that you need 3rd party software (AnyDVD HD) to watch a disc.

To all player manufacturers, if you want to bundle AnyDVD HD with you playback software, please contact tom(at)slysoft.com to discuss the details.

:D

You mean a Blu-ray playback software like PowerDVD or TMT without AACS & BD+ support?

Don't know, probably some BD licensing rules.
And the problem, that you need 3rd party software (AnyDVD HD) to watch a disc.
That's my point though, none of this seems to be stopping the hardware box crowd. Where are they getting their BD-J code from? If, as we suspect, the next versions of PowerDVD and TMT all have Cinavia the PC platform will be severely crippled until there is a PC equivalent player.

That's my point though, none of this seems to be stopping the hardware box crowd. Where are they getting their BD-J code from? If, as we suspect, the next versions of PowerDVD and TMT all have Cinavia the PC platform will be severely crippled until there is a PC equivalent player.

SlyPlayer(tm). :D

Ah yes, of course. It's February ... should be any day :D:D:D

Ah yes, of course. It's February ... should be any day :D:D:D
Ummm, I thought only CloneBD was currently exempt from the usual SlySoft definition of "February" (i.e., "we don't even hint at release dates")... :confused:

Sexy it is...........

Just tried the new Sexy menu, It is great, No waiting for loading, every feature is shown on the title page.....And best of all.....NO JUNK.......This is how the Blu-ray experience should be.....Hats off to Slysoft.....Your the best......

is it possible to get the menus working in mpc-hd or vlc? so far i've only managed to see them working with pdvd...

is it possible to get the menus working in mpc-hd or vlc? so far i've only managed to see them working with pdvd...

That is up to the developers of those players, AnyDVD (HD) has nothing to do with how those players implement playback of BDs.

I don't think either of you answered the original question:

When I use the help button on the Speed Menu page, I only get a basic description of what Speed Menu in general is for (only slightly more detailed than Hawk's answer)--and then only on the "Disabled/Always Enabled/Enabled with Java discs" dropdown.

Once enabled, the help button on the "Simple/Advanced/Sexy" dropdown says "No additional help available"; I thought that's what the poster was mainly asking about--the difference between Simple, Advanced & Sexy. The Help page (right-click fox and choose Help) says NOTHING about Speed Menu.

How does this speed menu help/come into play for someone who rips their blurays to iso and play them back via wdtv or popcorn hour media players?

How does this speed menu help/come into play for someone who rips their blurays to iso and play them back via wdtv or popcorn hour media players?
If Speed Menu is active when you rip, it replaces the original menu in the ISO. This mainly helps if (a) your media player supports BD menus but *not* the original disc's menu, (b) the original menu uses BD-Java and does *not* auto-resume when you unmount & remount the ISO, or (c) you want to make sure your media player does *not* try to access BD-Live. It may also be useful for older BD software players that can't handle the latest BD menus, such as PDVD7.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back