• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.5.0.2 released

There IS an issue. And it's not one that makes me too happy. It's not the first time I've seen this issue mentioned. Basically if you make an unprotected ISO with a whole bunch of options turned on in AnyDVD (BD Live removal, region removal, PUOPS, etc, etc) and then mount that ISO with the same options turned on, *in some cases* (not all!) it could cause problems as I think AnyDVD is trying to reprocess the mounted image as though the protection still exists. I'm going to say this again until it gets beat into people's heads....this is the kind of thing that makes me recommend using protected images. You can then selectively turn on and off protection removal on the mounted image. Whereas if you rip it with all that stuff turned on, um, good luck. :) It should work, yes. But, nothing's perfect, not even our beloved AnyDVD. :D
That's not what I meant, I was referring to his comment about ripping Cass before and it was fine, which doesn't mean anything.
As to the unprotected V's Protected ISO, I'm on the opposite side of the fence, I always remove everything but then I only have AnyDVD HD running when I'm ripping a disc and then turn it off again

That's not what I meant, I was referring to his comment about ripping Cass before and it was fine, which doesn't mean anything.
As to the unprotected V's Protected ISO, I'm on the opposite side of the fence, I always remove everything but then I only have AnyDVD HD running when I'm ripping a disc and then turn it off again

THAT method is fine, too. It's the case where you mount the unprotected image with AnyDVD enabled for the virtual drive where issues seem to happen. I can totally respect your method vs my protected image method. It's this edge case that bothers me.

Should I worry that AnyDVD can't determine the region code?

No, there are cases where AnyDVD can't determine the region. Enter it manually for that title and you should be good to go. This is a known situation.

Hi, for me the new version still fails with The Day The Earth Stood Still, but now with error 694658703.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_I_DAYTHEEARTHSTOODSTILLF1.zip
    374 KB · Views: 8
Well I had to perfect the way I do it so I can just have the 1 ISO that is also good to burn to disc, but I never have software running if I don't need it to, hence the reason I turn off AnydvdHD when I'm not ripping. This way I can also lend the hardrive with the ISO's on to my friends who don't have AnyDVD HD

Hi, for me the new version still fails with The Day The Earth Stood Still, but now with error 694658703.

What the hell does that error mean!? :D Ok, I've added that one to the list, as well. Thanks for the log!

Well I had to perfect the way I do it so I can just have the 1 ISO that is also good to burn to disc, but I never have software running if I don't need it to, hence the reason I turn off AnydvdHD when I'm not ripping. This way I can also lend the hardrive with the ISO's on to my friends who don't have AnyDVD HD

That works. I have no problem with that method. It's just as easy to turn off AnyDVD for the virtual drive if you're going to stick with that method, however. If you've never going to mount protected images, then there's no reason to have AnyDVD enabled for the virtual drive. That way you can keep AnyDVD enabled for the physical drive so you can rip and mount an unprotected image at the same time.

No, there are cases where AnyDVD can't determine the region. Enter it manually for that title and you should be good to go. This is a known situation.

Bleh, I just ripped a disc with default settings, didn't put in a region manually, should I re-rip or will it be OK?

Bleh, I just ripped a disc with default settings, didn't put in a region manually, should I re-rip or will it be OK?

It means the region wasn't removed on the ISO you created. That should be fine in theory if you then set the region removal option on and manually enter the region code for that disc. When you mount the ISO, I mean.

I'm going to repeat this again.

If anyone is having problems with a BD+ disc (Failed to remove BD+, Error 668!), do this please:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Back