• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.9.0 released

Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years and Hogmany, sorry don't kow any speifics on Wales, Ulster, or Ireland not having lived in those environs at that time of year, so a Christmas break can be quite some time.
Yeah, but their dungeon is in Antigua ;)

Wales, well they just do what the English tell them to do (my parents are Welsh, I was born in England). Ulster is part of Ireland, but don't tell that to an Ulsterman or an Irishman (my grandparents are Irish, my father-in-law is from Ulster). Antigua, however, can't have Christmas because the snow melts too quickly.

Did we get far enough off topic, yet? Sorry.

Thanks for answering. Now I have a timeframe when to advise customers to buy.
You got to be kidding. AnyDVD is *the* essential home theater product, regardless if it cracks the newest BD+ or not. And it won't be cheaper in February.

One could take this further... if someone would get upset at Slysoft, they could chose to use a cracked version or remove the markers for when the trial was installed. I'll keep that to myself by the way. I believe if a product is worthy, then it should be bought. Unless it costs over $100.00 :p j/k

I can't take it seriously if someone is spending >10.000$ on a decent home theater setup and is arguing about the cost of AnyDVD.

Last edited:
I have AnyDVD HD and I have a standalone Blu-ray player. Is there anyway to connect the player to my computer so that I can use AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD to make a backup copy of my Blu-Ray discs, or do I have to have a Blu-Ray player installed in my computer?

You need a Blu-ray reader. You can buy them for around 100$ these days.
Get the LG reader, so you can enjoy bargain HD DVD discs, too. ;)

I can't take it seriously if someone is spending >10.000$ on a decent home theater setup and is arguing about the cost of AnyDVD.

When someone spends $250K+ they expect EXACTLY what they pay for. There aren't any compromises or excuses. It better be PERFECT. These customers (myself included) do not want to hear something doesn't work. It will tie up the remaining balance of a job if it's not done to completion. I agree the cost is peanuts to them, but I'm selling a complete solution. When I have an opening for another design, I could put that into the terms of the contract (that due to BD+ changes not all disks may be stored). Slysoft had always been ahead of the curve so we never made it part of our terms/disclosure. So we're on the hook at the moment. At least our clients are understanding, but we still won't get paid until the job is complete; hence, me being impatient asking...."Are we done yet?"... "Are we done yet?"

I have AnyDVD HD and I have a standalone Blu-ray player. Is there anyway to connect the player to my computer so that I can use AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD to make a backup copy of my Blu-Ray discs, or do I have to have a Blu-Ray player installed in my computer?
hauppauge hd pvr.record from your blu-ray player straight to your hdd on your computer via component out,record to avchd ,burn to blu-ray and play on your player or straight from hdd.:rock:

When someone spends $250K+ they expect EXACTLY what they pay for. There aren't any compromises or excuses. It better be PERFECT. These customers (myself included) do not want to hear something doesn't work. It will tie up the remaining balance of a job if it's not done to completion. I agree the cost is peanuts to them, but I'm selling a complete solution. When I have an opening for another design, I could put that into the terms of the contract (that due to BD+ changes not all disks may be stored). Slysoft had always been ahead of the curve so we never made it part of our terms/disclosure. So we're on the hook at the moment. At least our clients are understanding, but we still won't get paid until the job is complete; hence, me being impatient asking...."Are we done yet?"... "Are we done yet?"

Then they're going to have a long wait as it's a constant game of cat and mouse, so even when Slysoft get round this latest batch of BD+ there'll be another lot a few months down the road which may take a month or 2 to bypass. Also if they're paying that kind of money then why aren't they just using standalone players to play back in(which also need constant updating for new BD+ discs).
There's no such thing as a 'Full solution' when it comes to Blu-ray as it's constantly being updated

Then they're going to have a long wait as it's a constant game of cat and mouse, so even when Slysoft get round this latest batch of BD+ there'll be another lot a few months down the road which may take a month or 2 to bypass. Also if they're paying that kind of money then why aren't they just using standalone players to play back in(which also need constant updating for new BD+ discs).
There's no such thing as a 'Full solution' when it comes to Blu-ray as it's constantly being updated

They do have dedicated blu-ray player(s). We have custom 1080p intro's that play before a movie. It works best on a server (PC). One customer wanted 4 projectors to project a custom short movie to project onto all 4 walls to simulate movement to impress his guests (similar to Universal Studios rides). When he found out the cost, he decided not to do it. We even thought about making scrolling walls, but that to was too expensive to do it right. It was in the neighborhood of 3Mil+.

They do have dedicated blu-ray player(s). We have custom 1080p intro's that play before a movie. It works best on a server (PC). One customer wanted 4 projectors to project a custom short movie to project onto all 4 walls to simulate movement to impress his guests (similar to Universal Studios rides). When he found out the cost, he decided not to do it. We even thought about making scrolling walls, but that to was too expensive to do it right. It was in the neighborhood of 3Mil+.

3mil? I can see why he didn't want it. I didn't think something like that would be that expensive.

And, I'm sorry for asking, but since you gave an estimate for BD+ cracking, do you think you can give an estimate for the next version/beta (without new BD+ support)? All I need is to rip two movies while on my newly installed trial, TDK and American Psycho. I'm hoping it'll be within 30 days, eep. Thanks anyway for your magnificent product which I do hope to buy eventually when I can.

3mil? I can see why he didn't want it. I didn't think something like that would be that expensive.

Well, you have to hire camera men, rent HD camcorders (commercial grade), run it through a Hollywood production studio to edit, and insert the effects in multi-channel. These people do not work for $50 an hour. Plus 4 Barco projectors = $500K (including processors and lenses).. etc, etc. You can see how it adds up rather quickly in a high end installation. Genelec speakers are $36K a piece. Subs are $12K a piece. So that's at least 7 x 36K + 4 x 12K. See where this is going? That's 300K for speakers. Forget the solid silver XLR cables. Just the equipment alone was over 1Mil. It was the "Hollywood" production that was over the top.

One question, what would you use these for?

From the audio processor to multiple Dolby Lake Processors and then to the amplifiers for the speakers. Balanced signals for longer cable runs.

From the audio processor to multiple Dolby Lake Processors and then to the amplifiers for the speakers. Balanced signals for longer cable runs.

I know balanced signals, I was just wondering... solid silver?

Back