• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.4.5.0 & Pirates of the Caribbean 1 - Curse of the Black Pearl

HermosaBeach

I received a read error when attempting to backup this BluRay:
AnyDVD HD 6.4.5.0
Pirates of the Caribbean 1 - Curse of the Black Pearl, US version.
Windows XP Pro + SP3 + all the latest patches
Intel E6750 @ 2.66GHz, 2 GB RAM

This is the second unsuccessful attempt. I tried with an earlier version of AnyDVD HD as well. Has AnyDVD HD thought about posting a list of non-working titles ? We could then ignore these until AnyDVD HD finally figures out how to back them up ??? Just a thought.

Cheers

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_PIRATES1.zip
    146.9 KB · Views: 11
Has AnyDVD HD thought about posting a list of non-working titles ?

Yeah, I always do. Currently, they all work. So the problem is not with Anydvd.

Please provide full error messages.

Last edited:
See my signature for suggestions. Hint...bad disc guide.

Wow, thanks for the fast response.

I was going to post the following additional info:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.0)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01 07/05/15PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: PIRATES1
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Can't determine region code!
Removed UOPs!

But it sounds like a physical media problem. I cleaned it the first time, but I'll try really cleaning it well. There are no scratches.

2nd try

Definitely try my bad disc guide. If you can't make an ISO with AnyDVD disabled, then your disc is bad or your drive is possibly slowly dying.

ok, I extra cleaned it and I'm in the middle of trying AnyDVD HD one more try. If that fails, I'll see if Imgburn will create an ISO. If Imgburn works, then normally, I can mount using Daemon Tools Lite and create use AnyDVD HD to create a backup without the protection, but we'll see. This does beg the question, how come I can sometimes create a ISO via Imgburn but AnyDVD HD fails ???

7% and still going :)

Could be any number of things. Could be a driver conflict or who knows what else.

AnyDVD HD failed 2nd time. Imgburn also failed. I'm not sure what to make of this ? It doesn't appear to be a problem with AnyDVD HD, but it doesn't solve my problem ;) I only have the single BluRay reader, so I can't test it in a different player. i'll try playing the actual BluRay tomorrow after work. Time for sleeeeep.

I doubt it has anything to do with drivers and such as most other BluRay work fine. I have had trouble with about 4 out of 25. Say, one if five/six gives me trouble.

I know early CD players used to have quirks in the beginnings. A CD burnt using one CD player may consistently have trouble being read by another. After testing this on around 15 different CD's my friend and I concluded that the alignment of CD's was somewhat variable and if you had a CD that was lets say, far left and you burnt a CD and then tried to read it in a CD that was aligned far right, you had trouble. We were able to repeat this consistently. I wonder if the same thing is true with BluRay. In fact, given how dense BluRay is, I'm not surprised we don't see more of this kind of issues. I have noticed that even little scratches or smudges cause BluRay grief. Not a good medium for kids :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
It likely means the disc is bad and should be replaced. (No, "cleaning it" has no bearing on this problem at all. Mastering problems are FAR too common) Even if you can play it, it doesn't make the disc good. Ripping is far more likely to show problems than playing.

Back