• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.3.1.5 official release

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
6.3.1.5 2008 02 05
- New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as
found on "Beste Zeit", R2, Germany
- New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as
found on some adult titles
- New (DVD): Major rewrite of the AI scanner for improved performance
and reliability
- Change: Hooking of the IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID interface caused a false
security alert in some anti spyware tools
- Fix: Theater Tek bookmarking did not work while AnyDVD was running
- Fix: Possible hang if DVD with defective structures was inserted
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

Does this release work with the latest powerDVD 3730?

In the last builds I only see changes for DVD and nothing for HD DVD / BR....

Last edited:
In the last builds I only see changes for DVD and nothing for HD DVD / BR....

Yeah no HD/BD stuff for months now it seems... I still can't get Web Enabled discs to play without problem (Bourne Ultimatum, Transformers) and obviously the Profile 1.1 BD's on any PowerDVD build don't work properly.

Yeah no HD/BD stuff for months now it seems... I still can't get Web Enabled discs to play without problem (Bourne Ultimatum, Transformers)
You tried the "rename XPL option"? Works for me.

You tried the "rename XPL option"? Works for me.

Yeah I tried that and it didn't make any difference for Bourne Ultimatum... but I finally figured out how to fix it... I had to let it do the Web Features loading initially when you put the disc in *without* AnyDVD enabled... then it works good with AnyDVD with 'rename XPL'.

Regarding Transformers... it never had the black screen problem but no matter what I try, the movie will sometimes play all the way through fine, or will either cause PowerDVD to crash when you press 'Play' at the main menu, or will cause the computer to randomly reboot during the movie. I have close to 100 discs and no others exhibit this problem, only Transformers. All other discs work fine except for Sunshine which, being Profile 1.1, can't play on 3319a with AnyDVD as PowerDVD takes a crap when changing scenes etc (or just letting the movie run... locks up at 32mins I think).

BD+ Update

James, curious if you have an estimate when a BD+ fix will be available in AnyDVD HD software?

Damn! Why didn't *I* think of that?! Just...ask for an estimate! BRILLIANT!!!

Sorry, I wasn't aware that as a licensed user of the AnyDVD HD software you have to use caution in your questioning as you might offend others in the forums area.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that as a licensed user of the AnyDVD HD software you have to use caution in your questioning as you might offend others in the forums area.

My point was that NO ONE, anywhere on this forum, has EVER thought to ask that question every other day. You couldn't be bothered to search to see if that has been asked and (not) answered 100 times already??

Damn! Why didn't *I* think of that?! Just...ask for an estimate! BRILLIANT!!!

just to remind you that the problem come from f the PDG of slysoft that have claimed that a release could be expected for the end of year ...:clap:

just to remind you that the problem come from f the PDG of slysoft that have claimed that a release could be expected for the end of year ...:clap:

After which they said it was delayed and repeatedly have said since then that they are working on it. What more do people expect? If it's delayed, it means it's taking longer than expected, obviously. To CONSTANTLY ask for some arbitrary estimate and/or time frame for when it's going to be released when they've already said they're working on it is not exactly useful. "Oh, we didn't have an answer the last 50 times it's been asked, but, since YOU asked we expect to have it done right now!" Come on. A little common sense is in order. As well as basic searching...

I just hope we don't have to wait until the end of THIS year for it lol :bang:

LOL. I hope not. I definitely want to see it cracked, as well, so we can use higher versions of PowerDVD. But, as with everything, patience is a virtue. I'd rather see them take their time to get it right rather than release some half @$$ed solution that causes them a support nightmare. We need to remember that they are a business and are subject to all the rules that businesses are subject to. Their employees get paid, they have to provide tech support, etc. This isn't a couple of kids writing some code in the basement. :) And I want you all to consider something here. If it's taking Peer this long to come up with a working fix for BD+, you should contemplate just how difficult of a task it really is. Peer and James are extremely talented and I'm sure they are both working as hard as they can on this problem. The fact that it's not done yet speaks volumes about the challenge they face.

Here is an update from Peer from the Doom9 forums:

But I have most of the BD+ code done, should take no more than a few weeks, I guess... (the details and lack of documentation are a pain ;))

Link.

But don't take what he said as the deadline. Just let the guys do their job and they will have it done :).

Region Code for "Fantastic Four 2"

Hi,

It looks like AnyDVD HD does not remove region code for "Fantastic Four 2". I tried both "Automatic" and "Region A" settings. AnyDVD says the disc is region free, so it does not change any files, and yet PowerDVD, set to a region different from A, does not play it, and a screen appears saying the disc will only play in Region A player. This is the first (and only) Blu-ray disc I got which, as it seems, checks region by means of BD-J script. AnyDVD HD supposed to remove region code from such discs as well, as far as I know.

You can't remove region codes from many Blu-Ray disks
But it you select the "remove region code" option when ripping to hard disk, you can be sure the rip will never play.

Back