• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 3D Blu-ray Support

My Life Is Tech

Quick question, can AnyDVD HD backup a 3D Blu-ray to ISO and keep the 3D features? :confused:

And if it does, can I use a third-party ISO burning program to burn the 3D Blu-ray ISO to a BD-R DL disc?

Quick question, can AnyDVD HD backup a 3D Blu-ray to ISO and keep the 3D features? :confused:

And if it does, can I use a third-party ISO burning program to burn the 3D Blu-ray ISO to a BD-R DL disc?

Absolutely. If you "rip to image" AnyDVDHD will save it with the no change in the 3D stream folder file structure. If you're backing 1:1 use rip to image and you won't have a problem as long as AnyDVDHD recognizes and decodes the disk and is able to remove protections.

If for some reason there is a problem with AnyDVDHD decoding the disk, you can also backup a protected iso to HDD that can often be decoded after an AnyDVDHD update.

I use IMGBURN to burn good images to BD-r disks along with about 90 percent of the other people here.

Last edited:
Absolutely. If you "rip to image" AnyDVDHD will save it with the no change in the 3D stream folder file structure. If you're backing 1:1 use rip to image and you won't have a problem as long as AnyDVDHD recognizes and decodes the disk and is able to remove protections.

How are you able to make this work? I have tried both Avatar 3-D and Gravity 3-D using the latest Clone-BD 1.0.5.8 and AnyDVD 7.6.4.2. It copies the blu rays perfectly into an ISO but when I try and play them, they wont play. No error is displayed, they just wont play. Black screen and the timer doesn't even start to count. No menus available, etc. How are you able to get them to play?

Also, Slysoft is advertising 3-D Support as "Coming Soon" which means it isn't currently officially supported. It would be advertised as being supported if it was able to.

How are you able to make this work? I have tried both Avatar 3-D and Gravity 3-D using the latest Clone-BD 1.0.5.8 and AnyDVD 7.6.4.2.

Roycal is talking about using AnyDVD HD own built in 'rip to image' function (without CloneBD).

Roycal is talking about using AnyDVD HD own built in 'rip to image' function (without CloneBD).

I will give that a try tonight but doesn't that rip just the movie only or does it do the whole disc?

This didn't work for me. I just ripped Gravity 3D using anydvdhd. I selected to RIP to image. It created the Gravity.iso but when I mount it and try to play it with powerdvd, it pops up a message saying it cant play it because it is protected and to try playing the original disc. This was both with and without anydvd loaded. :(

This didn't work for me. I just ripped Gravity 3D using anydvdhd. I selected to RIP to image. It created the Gravity.iso but when I mount it and try to play it with powerdvd, it pops up a message saying it cant play it because it is protected and to try playing the original disc. This was both with and without anydvd loaded. :(
The problem lies downstream from AnyDVD HD. I've backed up numerous 3D Blu-Ray discs (including "Gravity") using AnyDVD HD to obtain the ISO (on my HD), and then ImgBurn to create my backup disc - no problems playing these discs on any 3D standalone player which tells me the ISO creation process is working as it should. 3D is a different critter when it comes to software players and different players handle 3D in different ways. Have you tried any other player or tried making a disc from your ISOs?

You need to post a logfile. Usually it should work just fine. However if you enabled either one of the settings "remove annoying adverts and trailer" and/or "remove video fragments shorter than ..." it can result in an unplayable structure. Due to how blu-ray's are created that one doesn't always work perfectly.

Are you sure it's not the region code you didn't remove if its a foreign region disc?

As C3vr0n said, please post a logfile of the original disk. Or if you don't have the original disk, it has to be an AnyDVDHD log of the protected iso mounted with VCD.

Unless your disk has not be decoded by AnyDVDHD properly, It should work ok with PDVD and AnyDVDHD loaded even if it's a protected iso. A logfile of the original disk or protected iso will show if it's properly decrypted or not.

As C3vr0n said, please post a logfile of the original disk. Or if you don't have the original disk, it has to be an AnyDVDHD log of the protected iso mounted with VCD.

Unless your disk has not be decoded by AnyDVDHD properly, It should work ok with PDVD and AnyDVDHD loaded even if it's a protected iso. A logfile of the original disk or protected iso will show if it's properly decrypted or not.

Where do I get the log file? I don't see any option anywhere when I RIP to iso to select a log file. Where is it created once the rip is successful?

Just right click the AnyDVDHD icon and select "create logfile". I am surprised you are still asking how to create a log file after this much time. :).

Last edited:
Just right click the AnyDVDHD icon and select "create logfile". I am surprised you are still asking how to create a log file after this much time. :).

I saw that option and even tried it, but it created a log file right then and took about 5-10 seconds to do it. I assumed you were referring to some kind of log file that might be created during the RIP process similar to the log file created by CloneBD. Whenever clonebd fails, it offers the option to save a log file or email it to slysoft showing why it failed. I will post a log file from anydvd tonight when I get home from work. i'll also try and burn the RIP'd disc to a blank bdr. I ripped Gravity twice.. once with the option selected to remove protection and once leaving removing that option. When mounted with MagicISO, powerdvd wont play either version whether or not anydvd is loaded. The version with protection results in a message popping up from powerdvd saying the dvd is protected and suggesting to play the original disc. The unprotected version pops up a message saying that PowerDVD can't play this type of disc.

Which version of powerdvd?

Which version of powerdvd?

I think it is version 10. In any case, virtual clone drive worked fine and then burning the disc to a blu-ray did work. Do you know if this same method will work on a 3D bluray if it has cinavia or will this only be available when clonebd supports 3D?

It will work on a software player (like PowerDVD) but won't work on a newer Standalone player that detects Cinavia.

As you said, you will have to wait until CloneBD supports 3D so AnyDVD can remove Cinavia during the CloneBD process.

It will work on a software player (like PowerDVD) but won't work on a newer Standalone player that detects Cinavia.

As you said, you will have to wait until CloneBD supports 3D so AnyDVD can remove Cinavia during the CloneBD process.
Gravity doesn't habe Cinavia. PowerDVD 10 plays it fine.

Gravity doesn't habe Cinavia. PowerDVD 10 plays it fine.

You're right I misunderstood/thought 'Disney' meant if a 3D disc did actually have Cinavia (not specifically Gravity)

Back