• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD->Handbrake Cinavia removal

schmidtj

Hello,
I typically use AnyDVD and Handbrake to produce M4V (MP4) files from DVD.
These are just DVDs not BDs.
AnyDVD is pretty much set to its defaults and I use the Handbrake "High" profile
unchanged.
I usually play then on my Sony Android 4K TV without issue.
Today I tried playing one of the M4V files on my newer Sony BD player
and got the Cinavia warning.
Question:
Is there a reasonably simple way using AnyDVD and Handbrake to produce
a A4V/MP4 that will appear to not have Cinavia to my BD player?
Again these are DVDs and not BDs.
Searching this forum didn't produce a result understandable by me.
Any insight appreciated.
J

Simple answer:
No
A Solution :
Play it in a DVD only player. As they are not required to check for cinivia

@schmidtj
I am not sure about those DVD only up-converting players either. As I don't own one . Or personally know anyone that does. Maybe another member can answer that for you.

DVD only players (upconverting or not) aren't required to detect it as cinavia is not a part of the DVD standard. However I would avoid Sony ones nonetheless. I wouldn't be surprised if don't had them detect it anyway. Now as to cinavia and handbrake, no and it will likely not get added in a future I update either. The removal works by tapping into CloneBD during conversion and applying the fix. If they started to add handbrake support imaging the nightmare of tons of people asking 'can you add support for conversion tool X'? With the dozens of convertors or their, reach with their own method and approach and code it would be a nightmare for the developers.

However I would avoid Sony ones nonetheless. I wouldn't be surprised if don't had them detect it anyway.
That's crap, I've said many times that the upconverting Sony players are very good (500-510 series DVPSR510H). You don't like Sony, fine I can understand that, but don't put a bias as a fact. They DO NOT detect Cinavia.

That's crap, I've said many times that the upconverting Sony players are very good (500-510 series DVPSR510H). You don't like Sony, fine I can understand that, but don't put a bias as a fact. They DO NOT detect Cinavia.

No it's not, you might want read my post again. I say nothing about the VISUAL quality. That's not what this topic is about. This topic is about CINAVIA. The specific lines you quote refer to avoiding them because i wouldn't be surprised that Sony dvd only players DETECT CINAVIA ANYWAY even if they're not required to. THAT and only THAT is why I said i'd recommend avoiding them.

So, before you go claim me as biased, make sure you got your facts straight.

No it's not, you might want read my post again. I say nothing about the VISUAL quality. That's not what this topic is about. This topic is about CINAVIA. The specific lines you quote refer to avoiding them because i wouldn't be surprised that Sony dvd only players DETECT CINAVIA ANYWAY even if they're not required to. THAT and only THAT is why I said i'd recommend avoiding them.

So, before you go claim me as biased, make sure you got your facts straight.
I read it just fine. You are telling people to avoid Sony players (that they do/might detect Cinavia when they don't) because of a personal bias, not because of any factual knowledge of them.

You're missing the point again, it has nothing to do with personal bias or not but everything with rather being safe than sorry. No more, no less. That's the last I'm going to say about it. I will not allow you to derail this topic into a debate about personal bias or not.

Stay on topic.

You're missing the point again, it has nothing to do with personal bias or not but everything with rather being safe than sorry. No more, no less. That's the last I'm going to say about it. I will not allow you to derail this topic into a debate about personal bias or not.

Stay on topic.
I have been, you are being the argumentative person. I really don't need the threats either, you are becoming more dictatorial then ever. The mod hat really went to your head. I'm done as well, have better things to do.

I'm still the same as i've always been. Your post only accused me of personal bias and had nothing to say about the actual topic at hand. Mod hat, went to my head? Yeah right.

@schmidtj
I am not sure about those DVD only up-converting players either. As I don't own one . Or personally know anyone that does. Maybe another member can answer that for you.

Really? I suspect that you know quite a few who do.
If a DVD player has component cable outputs it upconverts...and if it has an HDMI output.
The 1080 signal fits the screen better and sharper, but it's still a (better) DVD picture...not HighDef.
Most DVD standalones upconvert nowadays.

Really? I suspect that you know quite a few who do.
If a DVD player has component cable outputs it upconverts...and if it has an HDMI output.
The 1080 signal fits the screen better and sharper, but it's still a (better) DVD picture...not HighDef.
Most DVD standalones upconvert nowadays.
Every one I've ever personally talked to about hi def.
Either has a standalone BD player ,ps3-4, or XB1 . There like me why buy a up-converting DVD player when BD ones are cheap enough and do same thing . And if it's pre-2012 well you know what it won't need to do.

Every one I've ever personally talked to about hi def.
Either has a standalone BD player ,ps3-4, or XB1 . There like me why buy a up-converting DVD player when BD ones are cheap enough and do same thing . And if it's pre-2012 well you know what it won't need to do.

BD players don't cost $35 and would be such junk as to not play for long...I still have a nice Sony DVD standalone player for many years in case I need it in another room.
BD players wear out, and newer ones don't play copies of recent DVD with Cinavia, so many folks have DVD players...
Almost ALL DVDPlayers have component outputs and/or HDMI which upconvert to 1080...better look and sound from a DVD. It isn't a High Def, it's still a DVD but looks a lot better on a flatsceen.
Whether someone is too cool for a DVD player is irrelevant, the point is those who own a DVD player have an upconverting one, more than likely.
One from 1972 maybe not...

I agree with Ch3vr0n that if any manufacturer will add Cinavia to a DVD player, it would likely be Sony. That said, I have 2 of the Sony DVPSR510H players, and they don't have Cinavia detection. I bought them because they were cheap and readily available (Target).

Any BD player before 2012 and not allowed to firmware update or has no firmware update will play Cinavia BD without problems. And I have one of those and it works fine. But for most part I watch DVD cheaper and playback is fine.

Well I do remember someone on these forums say they updated a late 2011 player (bd). Technically it wasn't required to detect it but did after the firmware update. Don't remember if it was a Sony one.

That said, let's get back on topic shall we? This is not a cinavia detecting player discussion topic.

Well I do remember someone on these forums say they updated a late 2011 player (bd). Technically it wasn't required to detect it but did after the firmware update. Don't remember if it was a Sony one.

That said, let's get back on topic shall we? This is not a cinavia detecting player discussion topic.
PLEASE JUST FIX THE CINAVIA PROBEM THANKS,

PLEASE JUST FIX THE CINAVIA PROBEM THANKS,

I couldn't even if i wanted to, i'm not a developer and i don't work for redfox. It's up to the developers to determine if/how/when they'll support cinavia removal for DVD's. And please, no full caps messages.

Back