• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD for MAC or Parallels

tbone33

Hey, does anyone know if Slysoft will come out with a program for MAC? If not, does anyone know if the AnyDVD will work on a MAC running Parallels and Windows XP?
I have been using DVDNextCOPY and they keep running into continuous issues and quite frankly am getting pretty tired of it not working.

Thanks for your Help!

Mac version has been discussed many many times. I do not have a Mac but I have seen quite a few people post that AnyDVD/CloneDVD work in Parallels.

Presently running on Mac Pro with XP on parallels. Only glitch is that I have to de/select Real CD/DVD-ROM on and off the BR writer to load a disc in Parallels.
Otherwise it works just fine...rip, remux, etc

the whole slysoft suite works fine for me using vmware or virtualbox on linux, both of which are available for the mac too (i think i tried fusion on my mini).

one thing about macs is that they have rubbish matushita dvd-rom drives in them that cannot be made region-free with firmware or anydvd.

I run AnyDVD on a Mac Pro under VMware Fusion with Win XP. I rip to the hard disc on the OS X side (XP sees it as a network drive) and burn the folder with the video_ts with Roxio Toast Titanium. I don't use clone DVD. The Mac Pros have Pioneer optical drives. If you have a MacBook or iMac, get an external Firewire connected Pioneer rather than use the POS Matushitas.

I run AnyDVD on a Mac Pro under VMware Fusion with Win XP. I rip to the hard disc on the OS X side (XP sees it as a network drive) and burn the folder with the video_ts with Roxio Toast Titanium. I don't use clone DVD. The Mac Pros have Pioneer optical drives. If you have a MacBook or iMac, get an external Firewire connected Pioneer rather than use the POS Matushitas.

Are you sure that Fusion will handle Firewire drives? I am looking for an external blu ray unit (either reader or burner) and hesitant about firewire under fusion and thinking more likely USB2 would be readily seen and usable.

Your thoughts?

- Phrehdd

PS - I had a rebranded Blu Ray Burner connected internally in my Mac Pro 2.66 to the mobo via SATA. Fusion saw it and used it well but the problem was that the blu ray burner couldn't read certain discs. The seller of the burner was useless and in the process after several bouts, getting a refund since they are inept in understanding firmware and the lens for reading within the unit.

PC just died

My PC just died and instead of buying another, I thought I'd try running AnyDVD through VirtualBox using a Windows XP Pro VM.

AnyDVD installed just fine. And correctly identified the first movie I've tried and is currently ripping the files to the hard drive. So far so good.

VirtualBox is free. I already had a copy of WindowsXP Pro. So what started as an unfortunate problem turned into a blessing. I'm now completely free of PCs in my house and I didn't have to give up AnyDVD in the process.

VirtualBox 3.1.4

AnyDVD and CloDVD work perfecty on iMac 2009 with this version of VirtualBox. They work only with the iMac driver, but not with an external one. The coding is more or less 2 times more slow than with Windoz loaded by bootcamp.
Bye!

Hey, does anyone know if Slysoft will come out with a program for MAC? If not, does anyone know if the AnyDVD will work on a MAC running Parallels and Windows XP?
I have been using DVDNextCOPY and they keep running into continuous issues and quite frankly am getting pretty tired of it not working.

Thanks for your Help!

mac has RipIt! and DvdRemaster that pretty much do what you want if you want to stay in OS X .

Back