• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD does not detect drive - Anker USB/SATA

pat411

Apologies if something like this has been discussed already. My searches did not turn up anything.

I have an Anker USB/SATA adapter attached to an internal BD drive and connected to my laptop. The drive shows up in Windows as a USB drive. It can read discs fine, but the drive is not detected by AnyDVD. The file system type that Windows reports is UDF. The drive by itself works fine with AnyDVD when used as a normal internal drive.

Is it possible to make AnyDVD see this as a BD drive?

properties.png

No, as the drive appears as a 'standard hard drive'. Anydvd only works with drives that appear to the os as actual optical drives.

Only optical drives and virtual drives can be used. But if you want you can try the aggressive scan for drives and see if it finds it.
Please right-click over this before doing so you know what it's doing. And that can be done for any setting available (Right-clicking for more information).

Thanks for the answers and ideas. Aggressive scan did not find it either. The USB 2.0 solution would probably be okay for DVDs, but I'm guessing BDs would be painful. I am also trying to use ImgBurn to make an ISO from the USB drive and mount that with CloneDrive to do the rest, but that seems to have its own set of problems.

it'll be fine for BD's too. There's lots of people that put an internal drive in an external enclosure to make it an external drive.

I'm also using my BD-RE drive in an external enclosure, with eSATA and, USB 2.0 B-Port.

But the enclosure (Icibox) has some issues over USB, that the files from a DVD (e.g. Video_DVD) are listed, but with wrong file size (0 Byte)

But when I start AnyDVD it works suddenly over USB and all is listed correcty in the VIDEO_TS folder, so files aren't listed as 0 Bytes any longer :D

Over eSATA it lists the size correctly also without AnyDVD running.

Interestingly on the Laptop of my father there's not the USB issue with this Icibox on the 0 Bytes (without AnyDVD using).

But my new Laptop with fresh installed Windows still has this issue over USB with Icibox.

Back